Of Painted Water (Logan Lerman Love Story)

Start from the beginning

I scrambled out of the clothes into a sitting position on my wooden floor. Devon had taken up a comfortable spot on my bed, looking very happy. And there he was. Mr.Devil Spawn himself.

"Logan" I inclined my head in greeting. 'Keep it polite' I chanted to myself in my head.

"Nikki" he nodded back. I pushed myself from the floor and looked around the room. I spotted my green top on the lampshade next to my bed and grinned. I zoomed past Logan who was leaning against my doorframe and grabbed my shirt in my hands.

Waving it around over my head I did a happy dance and leapt back to my suitcase on my bed, scrambling over Devon in the process.

"Hey!" he yelped, clutching his side that I was sure I had put my foot only seconds before.

"Sorry! That was the last piece I needed!" I smiled, doing a twirl and shoving the article of clothing in with the rest.

Thats when I noticed the issue. Apparently, so did Devon.

"Er, Sis? How are you gonna get that thing closed?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck and eyeing my suitcase skeptically.

"Well, if I sit on it like this, then pull the zipper like this..." I said, doing everything I was saying. Before, my bag had been overflowing with clothes and necessities, making it impossible to close. With me sitting on it, the stupid thing only sunk about an inch.

"Are you really that light?" Devon asked, his eyes still glued to my bag like it was a possible enemy.

"No!" I yelled, then got my foot stuck on the wheel, thus making me fall off the bed.

Before I could even yell at my poor, fat suitcase, the boys had already gotten to work, Devon sitting in the place I had occupied and Logan zipping it up easily.

"Done" Logan grinned. I smiled, hopped up, and hugged Devon.

"Thank you!" I said, then finishing it off with a sweet kiss on the cheek. He smiled at me, tilted his head to the side and sat back down on my bed.

"Do I get anything?" Logan asked, looking at me with innocent eyes,

I rolled my eyes and hugged him, his warm arms wrapping around my body. I kissed him on the cheek then backed away from his embrace to start cleaning up the mess I called my room.

This whole scene was not unusual. The boys and I have a difficult relationship. Sometimes we act like best friends, other times we could be fighting like our lives depended on it. I liked being friends with them, but that never lasted.

Once I finished I smiled sweetly, fluttering my eyelashes. "Oh wonderful brother of mine, would you please assist me in taking my suitcase down stairs? It is far to big for a small girl like me to take." I pleaded, my fake sweet voice floating around the room.

He smirked at me before pulling the handle and wrenching the bag off the bed. It landed with a thump on the floor. I smiled and skipped after him as he walked into the hall. My hair had been tied up like it usually was, but a few small curls were escaping from their nest and bouncing against my neck.

Devon had already managed to get my beast suitcase down the stairs so I hopped up on the banister and slid down it, letting my sweat pant-clad legs dangle over the sides. My balance was easy, and I landed without a sound.

Thats when Baxter came up and tackled me.

"Argoof!" I yelled, as the monster licked my face with his slobbery tongue.

Baxter is Devon's dog. He was so sweet and small when he was a puppy, but he grew to be about 10 times bigger. Baxter is a St. Bernard, and he absolutely loves everyone.