Part 2: Judgement Day, and an unexpected visitor.

Start from the beginning

I blinked in shock, and choked slightly on air. "Em...well..." I began, but paused to clear my throat properly. "I trust him...I know that he wouldn't try to hurt me or lie to me."

"How well do you know him?" Poseidon asked, scratching his chin.

"I feel like I've known him all my life," I said sheepishly, "I know him."

Zeus raised an eyebrow at Kyle. "And how well do you know Jessica, Kyle?"

He coughed a little. "Well...you could look at it from many ways...in many different angles and perspectives...but yeah. I'm the same."

I felt myself blush as he agreed with me. So he felt the same way? He felt like he knew me for years too?

Zeus smiled in spite of himself. "Looks we've had a little match maker at work here."

I blushed harder and I saw Kyle try to give me a reassuring wink from the side.

"What are the punishments, Zeus?" Hades asked, as I felt my heart leap into my throat.

"Hm...well. I think..." He looked at me, and then to Kyle, watching us both carefully. "I think...two months imprisonment should do the trick."

"T-Two months?" Poseidon gawked. "Zeus, I think that is hardly enough..."

"Well, Jessica here isn't going to tell anyone," he shrugged. "Are you sweetheart?"

"No, cross my heart." I replied quickly.

"Then it's ok." He smiled warmly at me.

"Zeus..." Kyle began.

"It's alright Kyle, you can thank me later," he smiled and turned to leave.

"And I will your majesty...but, I-I can't leave Jessica."

The three men turned around to look at him. I was scared.

Zeus raised an eyebrow. "How not?"

"I made a connection with her your majesty," he replied polity, "and I can't leave her so easily. I...I em..." He muttered uneasily.

"You love her?" He asked.

Kyle nodded slowly.

I froze and felt my mouth hang open slightly. H-He...he loved me? How was he so sure? Did he really? Or was he just saying anything so he didn't have to leave?

Zeus smiled again, but then sadness drifted across his face. "Kyle...I know how you feel. I experienced it once myself...but you can't," he said gently. "It's forbidden..."

"Well I think we should change the rules," Kyle said confidently. "I honestly don't see the harm in all of this..."

"Blinded by love," Hades chuckled under his breath.

"I am not blind," Kyle protested, "Zeus, Jessica isn't going to tell anyone."

"I know that Kyle, and I do trust her," he nodded, "but even I can't allow this."

What was the problem here? Why couldn't Kyle and I be together? They knew I wouldn't tell anyone...I knew I wouldn't tell anyone...so why is everything going down hill for us?

"We leave in a few minutes," Zeus confirmed and turned the god's backs away for a second, so we could be alone.

Kyle turned to me and sighed. "I tried, Jessica."

"I know," I smiled at him, "thank you."

He smiled back and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He hugged me back tightly, almost like he didn't want to let me go. I felt his chin on the top of my head, and I felt a few tears escape. I tried to discreetly wipe them away, but he felt me moving and lifted up my face.