Darkness

Riley's POV

Darkness. That's the first thing I remember. Just never ending black. I thought I was dead. That was my intention, wasn't it? It was hard to remember... Suddenly, that entire night came back like a flood. Maya kissed me, she loved me. I remember after she left, thinking she's tricking you. She's just seeing how you'll react then going to laugh in your face. You'll never be good enough for her. She'll never love you. That's when I had decided to get it over with. I went to the medicine cabinet, pulled out a pill bottle I had marked as useful a while ago, and swallowed them all. I didn't know what to expect, so I went to my room and sat on the bed. I sat there until darkness crept over my vision. The last thing I remember was thinking Maya at least will be happy.

Now I was just...there. I don't think I'm dead. Am I? No. I can hear Maya and Mom and Dad and... Was that Auggie crying? They weren't dead, so I couldn't be either. I wanted to say something, do something, but I couldn't move. Why couldn't I move? Wait. Maybe I could if I tried... Yes! I can move my head. I can move! I didn't know how long I was out, but I was sure it was a few minutes. I opened my eyes to see Maya, looking happy and sad at the same time. Maybe she did care.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note - Really short chapter, like, shorter than usual, but I'll make up for it next chapter I promise.

Never AgainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara