In Other Words

Author's Note - These chapters are kind of short, but it's a work in progress. Please tell me if you have any suggestions or things I need to fix.
-------------------------------------------------------
Maya's POV

Sometimes, I think that Riley actually likes me. Like, likes me likes me. But it's probably just my imagination. It's not like I like her back, we're just best friends. And even then, I just think so. I'm not going to ask her anyway.  Usually, if she keeps a secret from me, I find out eventually. If she was to ask me out, which I highly doubt she will since she appears to like Lucas, I would explain to her that she is my best friend and I love her, but in the platonic, best friend way. Then, if it were to happen, I hope it wouldn't get weird between us. It probably wouldn't, as Riley is always so happy, she'd get right over it. Unfortunately, I was having these thoughts at dinner at Riley's house. And making the corresponding facial expressions, apparently, because everyone was staring at me. Crap.
"Is everything alright Maya, you looked kinda weird." Of course Riley is the first one to say something.
"Yeah, I was thinking about my English test tomorrow. Not looking forward to it." We didn't have an English test tomorrow, but Riley and I have different teachers, so Riley wouldn't know that.
"Maya aren't you hungry?" Auggie inquired innocently. Yes, I was hungry, I was starving. But that doesn't mean I have to eat.
"No, not really, Auggie," I looked sheepishly at Topanga and Cory, hoping they wouldn't realize what was happening,"I forgot we were having dinner and I got a hot dog on the way here. "
Topanga replied "It's fine, now we'll have more leftovers for tomorrow." That was close, but I don't think Topanga suspects anything. Cory, however, looked less certain I had actually eaten a hot dog. Which I hadn't, but that's not the point. I knew he would say something about it, but not right now. He was nice for not letting the whole table know what was up, that I, Maya Hart, was anorexic.