The Emery Chronicles: The White King's Woman

Chapter One- The Prophecy

In the magical, mystical kingdom of Emery, where beasts and creatures of terrifying beauty and horrifying power lived, four brothers ruled. One brother ruled the White Realms, the lands of Brigantia, eternal Springtime and represented by the white rose. Another was the king of the Black Realms, the lands of Augustia, eternal Summer and represented by a black sunset. The next was the king brother who ruled the Red Realms, lands of Aspentia, eternal Autumn and represented by a red leaf. And lastly was the king of the Grey Realms, lands of Soyaltia, eternal Winter and represented by a sparkling grey snowflake. They were the kings of the land, keeping their kingdom peaceful and happy, until one day a prophecy was said.

An old witch by the name of Fiona Darkwhite, living in the White Spring Realms of Emery, predicted a fortune. She was sitting by her fireplace, watching her daughters cook the family's evening meal on the fire, when the vision came to her, and her prophecy was said. It went:

"Four Brothers, rule side by side in peace, until one fateful day. On this day, the Brothers will crave a power far greater than theirs and each seek to keep it to themselves. Four Brothers, once loved by all and by each other, will kill each other for the ultimate power.

Four Brothers born four children, cousins who love each other as their fathers before them. One, a king of purity, the white rose. One, a king of the dark and the light, the black sunset. One, a king of the winds of change, the red leaf. And finally, the heir of the last Brother. The Grey Brother who could not produce his male heir, but birthed a female. The queen of blistering snowstorms and cool winter breezes, the glowing grey snowflake.

These cousins will indeed love like their fathers before them, but just the same, they will fight for the power. One kingdom cannot have four rulers, and it will be a bloody fight to lose three, and gain the one ultimate ruler.

The Winner of the Great War of the Cousins will gain a kingdom, but lose something precious. A lesson to be learned: With Power comes a Price, and it shall be Paid."

The four brothers heard of the prophecy, and killed the witch and her entire family, never to speak of the prophecy again. But a witch's prophecy can never be ignored. The four brothers all wanted to rule the entirety of Emery on their own, and they all fought to become the ultimate king.

Four brothers who had loved each other so deeply, killed each other for the throne, until no brother was left. Their children, the four cousins, took their place as the next rulers.

The new rulers were only children of ten years old, and had grown up playing and learning with each other. They were as close as could be, cousins in name, but siblings in heart. The people of Emery thought that maybe with the death of the old witch and her children, the prophecy died as well, and they could go back to living in peace.

But the first part of the prophecy had already come true, and now the second part was set in motion.

The Brothers had thought that they had killed every last person in the witch's family, ending her line. But they had unknowingly left one member alive. The witch Fiona's eldest daughter, Bianca, was still very much alive and even pregnant for two months.

Bianca's family was all murdered by the Brothers because of her mother's prophecy. Her mother Fiona had known the Brothers would kill her and her family for speaking of their deaths, and she had sent Bianca away. Fiona knew that Bianca was like her, a witch. None of her other daughters had the Sight or the Magic, but Bianca did. Fiona sent the newly pregnant Bianca away, and was slaughtered, along with her daughters and Bianca's husband.

The pregnant Bianca began a new life for herself, going by her husband's name, Bianca Whitewing, so people wouldn't know she was the daughter of the Darkwhite witch.

But Bianca kept practicing the Magical arts, and when she gave birth to her daughter, another Darkwhite witch, she would teach her everything, so that one day, the Darkwhites would rise again, and would prove her mother's prophecy true.

~