Ch 13: No Words Needed

You both break from the hug and you wait for him to say something.

But he doesn't say anything. Instead Jungkook looks down at you. And you look back up at him. He looks at you, eyes flickering, taking in every detail of your face. And takes an extra-long time with your lips.

You both know it. Neither of you need to say it.

You like each other. A lot.

Your heart is no longer just fluttering, but it's also beating. Pounding, against your chest. Really, really, quickly. You have to hold your hand to your chest for the fear that your fragile heart is going to pop out.

He raises his hand, and ever so softly holds your cheek. You can feel his breath on yours, deep and rough.

Suddenly you're so close. Your lips are only an inch apart.

He closes his eyes.

You take a breath to ready yourself.

The moment your eyes close, your lips touch.

Your lips touch, and you kiss.

Fireworks go off and you're pretty convinced you just sampled a taste of heaven.

Too soon, it's over, but you're both slightly panting and blushing.

You smile and laugh. The first kiss you've ever had. Although you don't really know much about romantic actions, you decide that Jungkook is a pretty good kisser.

Jungkook laughs too. You're both so happy.

Jungkook suddenly gets a little serious, but his smile is still on his face.

He reaches your hand and holds it gently.

"I have a feeling I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway." You're now blushing even harder. Jungkook is obviously a little nervous. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks, sincere.

Without a moment's hesitation, you nod ferociously and repeat "yes" so many times that anyone would lose count.

This is the happiest you've been in weeks.