Ch 5: Is This The End?

Two weeks. It's been that long since you've last contacted Jungkook. You don't know what's happening. He's leaving Australia soon to return to Korea to promote his new album. You're scared. You notice that you're checking your phone for calls and messages every few moments. But still no reply.

Finally, you decide to contact him first. You hastily pick up your cell and dial his number. One ring. Two rings. Three. Five. Seven. It's then directed to voice mail. You sigh. You didn't know what to expect. You're about to put down the phone when the phone rings. It's Jungkook! Your heart flutters and pick it up on the second ring (not the first, don't want to seem too greedy, huh ;) ).

"Jungkook! Oh my gosh hi!" you say in your nearly-fluent Korean.

"Hey! I was starting to think you'd never call!" his voice sounded so sweet, the voice I had missed.

"I'm sorry. To be honest, I thought you'd call first"

"Oh. Then I'm sorry." The phone goes quiet for a few seconds. "So... um... I'm currently in Korea. I don't know if I can contact you anymore. The calls here are really expensive, and... I have to promote BTS."

What? You know he is in Korea, and is busy with promotions, but isn't that the reason why it's been the first time in two weeks since they've spoken. For the first time, you're a little angry.

"Okay. I see then. So this is it? This is our goodbye?" I'm angry, and I'm sad. Why has this all happened to me.

"I'm really sorry. Really, really sorry. It's not that I don't want to keep in touch with you, it's just -" He cuts himself off before he can say anything else.

"Just what?" What's he keeping from me? You visibly frown.

"Nothing. Don't worry. I have to go to practice now."

"Wait - hang on a second." You hesitate. Oh hell, you'll just ask. "Were we ever... more than just friends?"

He sighs. "Yes. I mean no. I mean, it's complicated."

"I see." You take that as a no then.

"Good bye, then."

"Good bye."

The phone call ends.

You're devastated. You have no idea what's just happened. Your mind is blank and fuzzy at the same time. Tears start to form. Is this the end?