Handcuffed to Zander

Start from the beginning

"Have you seen my phone? The last time I saw it was at that party you dragged me to."

My face scowled at the mere mention of that stupid party. My wrist hurt like a butt cheek on a stick all because of that stupid, lame party.

"Uh, no, don't remember anything at all from that night. Why are you asking me?"

I guess he doesn't remember anything either, so much for trying to find my phone. But why was he acting so defensive?

"You okay D?"

His cheeks reddened and his eyes widened at my simple question.

"Yeah, hey listen I have to go, don't want to be late for homeroom, bye babe."

He quickly kissed me on the head as he rushed away, accidentally bumping into someone in the process.

Didn't we have the same homeroom?

I shrugged his weirdness off, figuring it was just Dylan being him again as I closed my locker shut.

"What's his problem?"

My breath hitched and my eyes closed, still facing my locker and avoiding the one person I couldn't stop thinking about the whole weekend.

It was crazy to think that my thoughts would be consumed of his amazing smile and his disgusting innuendoes that I had embarrassingly miss, but I was never going to tell him that.

"What do you need Zander?"

He scoffed as I finally found the strength to face him, letting my eyes wander down at his appearance. And dare I say it, not bad.

"We still have a little problem to solve Evans."

He spat, showing me his right, handcuffed wrist. His little reminder made me groan, already dreading the school day ahead of me.

"Let's just have a normal school day and we'll figure it all out after school."

"Fine."

"After school, in front of the library."

"Wait, why the library?"

"Because."

"Where the fuck even is the library?"

At that moment the late bell rang, informing me that I was late to homeroom seeing as there was no one else in the hallway except Zander and I.

"Just meet me in the damn library after school,"

I grumbled as I dragged my feet down the hallway towards my homeroom class.

***

"Oh, thank god you're alive mate."

I had proudly survived homeroom and first period, and now I was in second, Forensic Science.

I turned around, tilting my head up, seeing a smiling Chuck. I barely noticed how tall he was, damn.

"I have been meaning to ask you where you got your accent from, but I've been kind of busy."

I held up my cuffed hand as he lightly laughed, finishing off with a breathtaking smirk.