A woman stepped forward, "How are we suppose to sleep when there's a killer lurking through the town? I say we take care of this guy ourselves!" The crowd of people, excluding the reporter shouted a war cry, agreeing with the woman.

"Calm down, don't get yourself arrested! Don't hurt an innocent person."

"Innocent?" She scoffed, "I know that kid Kolby, ain't nothin' innocent about him. Not since his mother done fucked him up."

The camera, still rolling caught the townspeople's  conversation on camera, airing it to the whole town as it was on live tv.

~

Kolby sat at home, watching the live broadcast. "Who's with me?" The woman shouted once more and with willing town members, they began their trip to Kolby's house.

His heart raced and for a moment his body was paralyzed to the leather recliner he spent his day glued to. When the broadcast stopped, sending it to a commercial, he snapped out of it. The seat released him from the grip it had on him and out the door he went without a single possession except for the clothes he had on, the keys to his car and a bag with a note stapled to it, words written across the paper in black Just in case.

By the time people made their way to his front door, he was at the Vance Vogel park, once filled with people having parties or picnics, now deserted from the recent slayings of genders and ages of all kind. He walked down a sidewalk then eventually trailed off, walking down a path to lead him to a river.

Flashing memories flooded his brain. His mother taking him to this park. She held his hand as the both of them walked down to the river. He could remember the sounds of the little pebbles skipping across the water as he attempted to make it go further each time. Then there was the sound that would forever haunt his dreams and image that seared into his young brain. Turning around, he saw his mother on the ground, brain matter and blood soaking everything around her. The gun still partially in her hand with a note next to her, splatter of remains staining into the crisp white piece of paper.

I love you, Kolby.

Kolby couldn't cry at the memory, all he could feel was impassive. He opened the bag, a gun resting inside of it. "I love you too, Mom." He looked up the river where he stood when he was younger. The cold metal rested inside of his mouth at an angle. He could already see his life flash before his eyes. He pulled the trigger when the memory flashed once again in his mind of his mother doing the same.

~

Justin Keller stood in front of camera, this time less overwrought and now beaming with confidence. Hints of the train wreck he was last time on television vanished. "As all of you know, you can rest easy now knowing the killer isn't out there anymore. Not a murder has happened in the few weeks since the unfortunate suicide of Kolby Moli-"

Keller was cut off by someone in the audience, "Unfortunate?" He scoffed, "That boy did us a favor."

Ignoring the man's comment, he continued, "We must come together as a community and mourn the lives lost too early in the darkest times this town has ever had to face. Tonight at 8pm in Vance Vogel park a vigil will be held in honor of them," he looked away from the crowd and into the camera, "Come and support the community please."

~

The community gathered, all huddled around a shrine made for the victims of the killings. Families mourned for their loved ones and friends shed tears for their other halves. Fifteen year old Christine stared at her girlfriend's picture, Samantha, the first victim. She thought on the last memory they had together.