Annarosa (Part 2)

“Anna, Baby”

Annarosa smiled to her husband. “I’m okay.” She said before he could ask. She was extrememly tired but didn’t want any sleep, because she was afraid they might do something to the baby, even though the nurses kept insisting that it was illegal to do so.

Steve smiled and kissed her forehead. “Good. I love you.”

“ I love you too.” She said.

“Doctor says you can leave as early as tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? Why that long?”

“Well, they need to make sure you’re in good health.”

“Steve,” Rosa said, crossing her arms. “I am in perfect health.”

Steve laughed and let it go after that.

*                                                                      *                                                          *

Five months later Annarosa was in the hospital, terribly ill. Her health was in awful condition and the doctors told her husband that she would not make it through the holidays. Steve stayed by her side through it all though, and never let go of her hand.

They would talk, but Steve would do most of the speaking since Annarosa was too weak to easily speak.

“Your parents just left the house to go back toTexas, Sweetie. They said they love you.”

Annarosa smiled and put a hand to her tummy, where her baby lay. She thought they were wrong—the doctors. She felt that she was slowly—ever so slowly—getting stronger. But when two months later, the time for labor was upon her, she feared she was not that strong. But Annarosa had faith that God had let her live this long. She whispered a quick prayer.

Dear God,

I know you love me, I know you care. I am forever thankful that you have brought me this far, but I need your help with my baby. Please give me strength to go through labor, and then you may take me, be it your will. Amen.

Rosapushed herself as hard as she had ever done so. She could hardly think of anything else, other than giving birth to this child. At one point she felt as though she might pass out, but something deep within her encouraged her to keep going. For her child. Her son. With all her strength and what she believed was the strength of God, she brought her new baby into the world, healthy and strong.

The doctor’s immediately wrapped the baby and placed him in his mother’s arms. Annarosa smiled weakly and kissed her son on the forehead, whispering a thank you to God.

The next day, the doctors ran tests to see that Anna’s body was reacting the right way from the baby disappearing, and after the x-ray Dr. Wild came to Annarosa, Steve and their son David in the waiting room, smiling.

“It appears,” He said. “That we have a miracle on our hands!”

The doctor then explained that David had grown so big in his mother’s womb that he had sealed off the lobe of her lung that had the cancer in it, thus saving his Mom’s life.

The Greenchilds couldn’t believe what they were hearing! They were overjoyed. Steve kissed his son, then he kissed his wife. Annarosa rose her gaze to the sky and smiled, because he was there.

______________________________________________________________________________

Alright, I will be honest with you people and tell you that it probably won't be that soon that I update this, but when I do it will be of a personal experience, that actually happened to me in the past two months, so yeah :) I hoped you enjoyed it so far and don't forget to Vote/comment!