Swamp Royalty ~Part 1~

Start from the beginning

The annoyed man who was in the middle of what seemed to be a street performance. His cards were knocked of his hand and he grimaced at the fact he had to bend down and pick them up. This man had an oddly creepy vibe. To the naked eye he may have seemed like a common street performer but there was something more to him, something sinister. This man had a darker complexion, purple eyes and had a mustache.

He was wearing a purple striped suit jacket with a black collar, with a lighter purple shirt underneath with pant to match and a red sash tied around his waist. He also had a brown cane that had a large purple ball at the top of it. He also had a necklace with shark teeth around his neck. He also had on a top hat with a skull and cross bones on it. No wonder he seems creepy. There was also a red sash tied around his hat that was holding a purple feather in place. I wanted to pay attention to see where he was about to go. But then I was distracted by the plate of sweets that was put down in front of me by the charismatic, and charming Tiana.

"Here ya go darliin'" She stood there smiling, looking eager for me to taste one. "What ya waiting on? Go on and try it, I promise you'll love it."

I just sat there looking at her for a second, thinking. They did smell delicious and they were huge. The smell of fried bread and powdered sugar swarmed my nose. I picked one up and took a big bite. What shocked me was how hot they were until my tongue was blessed with the sweet fried dough that was this pastry. I was completely in awe. I looked at her with my eyes wide.

She smiled wide. "They're good aren't they?"

"Mhm," I nodded.

"Enjoy, I'll be back to check on you let me know if you need something to wash all that sweet down with." She then swayed away caring for her customers.

I literally sat there for twenty minutes savoring and enjoying every bite of the beignet I was eating and I still had three more on my plate to eat. Then suddenly this tall heavy set man with pale skin wearing a beige suit, green tie and had red hair along with a petite high strung blonde girl with blue eyes following after him as he sat at a table. She had her hair pulled back and was wearing a hat with a pink hat and a pink feather. She was also a wearing a long pink dress. It looked very well-tailored and expensive. She immediately started screaming for Tiana.

"OH! Tiana! Tiana!" She screamed happily.

Tiana went over smiling. Did she know that lunatic? "Hello, Charlotte, Big Daddy." What kind of a name was Big Daddy? "And here's your order already ready, Big Daddy."

Big Daddy took a big bite of the sweet pastry and started to speak. "What are you doing later this evening Tiana?"

"Well. I don't know, probably go home. Make some plans for opening my own restaurant maybe make some gumbo here and there. The two jokers I'm dealing with are giving me a hard time."

"Well I---"

But then Big Daddy was soon interrupted by Charlotte. Which she seemed to do a lot and he seemed to dislike it as well. "Well, daddy's throwing a big masquerade ball tomorrow night to welcome Prince Naveen of Maldonia and we were wondering if you could cater it with your fabulous beignets."

"A Prince?!...I don't know...my cooking may not do it for him..."

"Oh come on Tiana! I know its short notice but we'll pay you enough for your restaurant."

"Really?"

"Really. And we want you there."

"Well, alright..." Charlotte was happy and hugged Tiana. "But only if my new friend can come." Then she turned over and looked at me, drawing attention to me. They all made their way to me and I suddenly felt out in the open. Darn that Tiana.