Chapter 2: Ugly Girl

Start from the beginning

Kayla comprehended that she was ugly because she was dark skinned. Now her self confidence extremely dropped lower. She wished she was light skinned now, so she could fit in with her family. Kayla began rising up from the table and was heading to her room until Calvin told her to sit down. She obeyed him and ate her salad, but didn't touch her chicken. Asia snickered watching Kayla push the chicken away from her plate. Jasmine shook her head at her husband and daughter's behavior. She wasn't liking the way Calvin and Asia was acting towards Kayla, but she stayed noiseless. Jasmine noticed Asia was becoming despicable like her father. She knew that she was the one that rolled Kay in those covers and taped her up. Jasmine told everyone good night and headed to the bedroom.

Kayla wished she could go to bed, but she had to get through this salad first. Kayla felt like she was being bullied as the two kept taunting her and pushing her around. As she came close to finishing her salad, Asia pushed the plate slowly into her lap. The chicken and salad messed up her good clothes. Calvin was extremely angry at Kayla for making a mess when he watched Asia slide the plate into her lap. Calvin beat Kayla while Asia was laughing at the whole thing as if it was a Def Jam comedy show. After he finished beating Kayla, he made her clean up her mess. Calvin and Asia finished their dinner, so they just went to their regular locations. Asia slid a kick in Kayla's back while she was going up the stairs. Kayla picked up the food, put it in the trash, and headed upstairs.

Meanwhile in Calvin and Jasmine's room, Calvin wanted to mess around with his wife. Jasmine informed him that she had to work. She turned away from him and tried to sleep.

"Why are you mad?" Calvin asked trying to look at her.

"Nothing okay?" Jasmine still didn't turn Calvin's way.

"Yes you are mad for a reason." Calvin sat up. "You always turn away from me when you're angry." Calvin folded his arms.

"Okay? You wanna know?" Jasmine sat up furiously. "You treat Kayla like trash and you treat Asia like she's a perfect child, but she's not!! Asia is a monster because YOU turned her into one. Kayla is such a sweetheart, but we don't get to know her well. " Jasmine looked down.

"Shut up Jasmine. Kayla is an ugly...." Jasmine cut him off.

"Watch your mouth." Jasmine lied back down.

Calvin looked at her evily. He jacked Jasmine up and told her they weren't done with the conversation. Jasmine looked at him in a scared way. Calvin pushed her off the bed and Jasmine did the same. Calvin assured her that that was not the right thing to do. He slowly came her way as Jasmine stood still. When Calvin got to her face, he punched her making her fall to floor while holding her face. Calvin slid down beside her and kissed her softly. Then he made his way to bed leaving her on the floor.

Kayla lied on her bed and fell asleep, but her night wasn't over either. Asia rushed in the room grabbing Kayla's sheets. Kayla shivered indicating that she was cold. Asia dragged the covers to the window, lifted the window up, and threw the sheets down. Kayla was shocked that she would do that. She hopped out the bed heading to get her covers back. Asia threw her on the bed, ran out the room, and locked her in with a chair. Kayla pulled on the door, but she couldn't escape. She sat on her bed trying to figure out how to sleep with no covers. She suddenly had an idea. She had so many plush toys that she could use them all as a cover. She went to her large white closet and began throwing stuffed animals on the bed. After throwing all the stuffed animals on the bed, she lied down and pulled them onto her.

It was a Saturday morning and Kayla liked to watch cartoons on the big screen downstairs. She treaded downstairs to the living room, but when she had gotten there she was startled by a bunch of men watching Tv. The guys saw Kayla and looked at her strange.