Chapter 40 ~ POWER

~DAN's POV~
We entered the ward and there lay everyone. Connor and Lexi lay with their eyes open but with oxygen masks unlike Joe who had a oxygen mask on and his eyes closed lightly and hands clenched.

"Oh Joe..." Zoe gasped and ran over, engulfing him in a hug. I felt sorry for her, I remember when Lexi was in that state.

I went over to Lexi and Connor who were in side-by-side beds. I hugged Lexi who weakly hugged me back. I felt the tears spill down my cheeks.

"Is Joe ok..." i look at Connor who was looking at me questioningly.

"No..." I hiccup in between tears, "He's in a light coma..."

I felt Lexi sink down, "Oh my god..." she whispered,"This is all my fault..."

"Aww it's not sweetie," I say hugging her tightly.

"It is... I should have defended everyone. I should have stopped Connor getting gagged and Joe being hit but I didn't..." i watched as tears began to fall from her cheeks and land of the covers.

"Don't think that," I hear Connor say. He removes his oxygen mask, "I should have done more myself."

~LEXI'S POV~
Connor was hurt because of me.

Joe was in a coma because of me.

Everyone is just acting nice to you to make you feel better, a voice says in my head. Oh no... not the voices again. They took control of me before and I don't want them again.

Don't try to block me out, the voice says sternly.

"Dan..." I whisper.

Dan looks at me, "Yeah?"

"It... it's back..." i said slowly.

"What's back... who's back?" He sounded panicked as a couple other YouTubers came over.

"Them... the voices..." i spluttered.

Dan held my hand, "They can't hurt you Lexi; not one bit. You just need to control them..."

"How?" I ask.

You will never control me, the voice laughs, I am here to stay and never go, meaning no control for you

"Please Dan..." I begged.

He looked at me, "Lexi... I don't know what to do..."

I felt the voice come alive inside of me, I have an idea, I hear her say and then a hurdling pain commenced in my stomach as I curl into the bed sheets squeezing my eyes closed.

I wailed out in agony and I heard my heart monitor speed up.

I suddenly felt no control over my body. I couldn't move or talk.

She had taken over me.

She made me open my eyes and I heard Dan gasp, "Lexi your eyes! They're black!"

"Whatever," she said. Her tone was harsher and more deeper than my usual one.

I wanted to wail out for help...but I couldn't. She then began to pull all the wires connected to me, helping me stay alive.

"Lexi stop!" Dan yelled, trying to stop me.

"Leave me alone! I'm not a baby anymore and I don't need some adult to look after me!" She yelled as I got out the bed and made me run out the doors and out.

I didn't know where she was taking me. But one thing was, it must be linked with death.

"Lexi!" I feel a strong grasp around me.

The voice...Pewdipie.

"Let go of me!" She makes me yell.

"Come on Lexi, you need to go back!"

"Let go of me!" She yells again. She then decides time is up and escapes me causing me to crash to the floor and blink a few times.

I look at Felix, "I hate her..." I whispered.

"Who?" Felix asks, crouching down in front of me.

"Her... my voice. That was who just took control of me... I didn't want to leave the room... but she made me. I didn't want to yell at Dan... she made me. That's why my eyes went weird..." I felt myself feel sick.

Felix hugged me, "Let's take you back then."

☠☠☠

Short i know but oh well.

All day I have been obsessing over this 5Sos fan-fic so yeah...

Bye

Hannah xx