Chapter 7

**Sapphire's POV*

Ever since that day Ruby and I first fused we kept growing closer. We wanted to do everything together. She was the only one I would let hear me sing. She was my savior. Even to the point where the temple let us become roommates. I kept her cooled down and she fired me up when needed.... Then... The war came along. Everything we have trained for. It won't be for nothing.... We won't make it be for nothing.

"Okay." Rose started "we need to remember what we are fighting for. This world and all its living things."

"Rose they're almost here." I spoke up trying to keep my eye on Ruby. Scared to death at what's going to happen. Today is going to be tough but easy.....

Until the end.

"Thank you Sapphire. Pearl and I will start at the right. You and Ruby will take the left." And like that Rose and Pearl were gone with out another word.

"Hey Sappie.... You going to be okay." Ruby asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah... Let's just get ready.... Remember the only moment we fuse...."

"Is only to make them feel off guard. I know.... Just be careful."

"I would be more concerned about you.... You can't tell what they're first move is going to be." I looked down messing with my hair.

"Hey as long as your safe....I will be fine." After she said that she grabbed my hand with my gem and give it a light kiss. Then quickly pulled out her gantlet and turned starting to walk away.

This shocked me even though I saw it coming. "W-wait!" She stopped in her tracks wanting to know what is was going to say. "I-i want to try some thing." I quickly walked over to her and kisses her forehead.

Her eyes widen "woah...is... is that what going to happen."

I nodded with a giggle because of how cute she looked when she was surprised. She saw everything up until....I don't want her to see that.... What could happen....

"Well we should get going... Come on Sappie. We have to get going."

As we walked I couldn't help but count the second.... One... Two... Three.... Then it was like the world stopped. We frozen in our track as a slowly grabbed her hand.

Ruby's eyes widen "Oh my...."

She was cut off by thousands of gems running towards us both...." Well I think it is a good time as ever don't you think?"

Ruby just smirk and quick fused with me.

"Let's do this." Garment smirked as she was ready as ever Ruby's fire was showing just a little bit....

"There must be kindergarten near by...." Everytime their would break the gems form we would bubble the gem and move onto the next gem.

'This is terrible...' I thought

'Sappie everything is going to be okay we are doing this for the good of earth.'

'Okay.' This was going to be much harder then any for the other times we have fight the home world gems.... But as Ruby said it's for the earth.... Oh boy what did I get myself into.