Reply 12am

Third person Pov

10.45 pm

Seungcheol stared at his computer. He was figuring out what he should do to reply Jihoon's confession. He was making Jihoon wait for his reply even though the former knows damn well how he feels for Jihoon. Now he was dragging time and he needed something special.

He had spent the past few minutes upon returning to his room working on the special something. He didn't have a dorm mate since the previous one moved out and he was thankful for it. His friends crashed over in his room uninvited more than he could count and his dorm mate would have been annoyed to the core, if he had one. Back to the problem, he was pondering on whether Jihoon would like his idea.

"Isn't it too lame..." Seungcheol grumbled as he tapped away on his keyboard.

He and Jihoon had worked on many songs before, Seungcheol coming out with the rap and Jihoon with the music and lyrics. There were times where Jihoon borrowed Seungcheol's laptop to save his music ahead of his own and Seungcheol just happened to chance on one. He had heard it before since it was on his own laptop and as always was amazed with the quality but Jihoon told him that he didn't want it so he told Seungcheol to delete it which the latter obviously did not.

Seungcheol wanted or needed to make Jihoon appreciate himself more. The younger would always blame himself and add unnecessary stress that he would break down. It wasn't only once where Seungcheol would find Jihoon locked up in his room for days without eating because of failure or for unknown reasons (related to Seungcheol).

So he decided to dedicate a song to Jihoon.

11pm

He had almost finished most of the lyrics and was trying his best to not cringe at his self-written lyrics. If it wasn't for Jihoon, he would never write such romantic lyrics. He read it out a few times and almost banged his head on the table due to his embarrassment.

"C'mon, Seungcheol. It's for Jihoon." He would say every few times to encourage himself.

He looked at his phone as a distraction. There was no messages from Jihoon and he wondered if the younger would wait for his reply at 12am. What was Seungcheol thinking, telling Jihoon he would reply at 12am? The younger might be sleeping at that time like a normal healthy student. He decided to text Soonyoung, knowing that he was Jihoon's dorm-mate.

To: Hoshi
Subject: Don't tell Jihoon

Is Jihoon asleep yet?

Seungcheol pressed send and started sighing. He was acting like a love sick teenager and Soonyoung is definitely going to tease him about the text. He might even tell the others about it. Seungcheol still have not forgotten that one time when Soonyoung caught him talking with a pretty looking senior and went to gossip around. There was endless teasing and he had enough.

He sighed again as he took his pen and jotted down his route to Jihoon's room. The Dorm Mistress would inspect the dorms to check if everyone was not wandering around. He definitely did not want to be caught and be reprimanded.

"Room 317, was it..." Seungcheol muttered as he plot the route.

Jihoon was in the room just below him . He smiled to himself in the dark of his room with only the table light on. The dorm would be too boring and unromantic so he decided to escape through the back gates. He had broken the rules more than once, it was not new to him. Nor was it new to Jihoon.