Understand me

(A/N: this chapter will make you confused which is actually part of my intention so don't worry if you don't understand what's going on or why it's so rush! If there's any mistakes, please tell me!!)

Mingyu's pov

"Hello?"

Mingyu's heart almost stopped beating when he heard the older's deep voice. His hands were trembling slightly and his voice was uneasy. He felt a surge of nervousness mixed with anxiety but he didn't hang up. He couldn't keep up with the tension between them.

"Wonwoo, I have to speak to you." Mingyu tried to sound as cool as possible but it sounded like he was if he was pleading.

"Mingyu, I already told you to leave me alone. I said it to you by message and now you are calling me? I don't even know why I answered." Mingyu's heart ached as he heard the dismay in Wonwoo's voice.

The older sounded tired but so was Mingyu. They couldn't go on ignoring each other. Previously, Wonwoo ignored Mingyu discreetly and it lasted for a few days. Now he was just saying it outright, directly to Mingyu. Mingyu didn't know how to deal with it and he was tired, confused but not angry. He never would be. Or so he thought.

"Wonwoo, I need you to listen. It's regarding the competition." Mingyu said, trying to sound calm.

Wonwoo won't hang up on him, right? Since he wanted to do the competition too...

"I don't want to join the competition anymore."

What?

"Wait, Wonwoo. What are are you saying?!" There was panic in Mingyu's voice. He didn't expect this at all.

"I don't want to do it. Not with you."

"Wonwoo, stop joking. You can't just back out now?!" Mingyu raised his voice a little.

"I'm serious. I don't want to do it anymore. I don't care. I already told the professor that I'm resigning from the competition. He said you can do it individually."

"Wonwoo, wait! I can't just do it alone?!"

"The competition didn't specify the need for teams. Good luck working alone then."

"Wonwoo! Why are you angry?! Even if you are, you can't just ditch me in the competition?!"

"You not knowing why I'm angry is making things worse. And yes I can. Sorry that you're only finding out my true colours now."

"Wonwoo!! Stop, listen to me! You can't just back out?!"

"Yes, I can. I don't owe you anything."

Anger. Anger.

"JEON WONWOO!! You're my Boyfriend for goodness sake!!"

"..."

There was a pause. Mingyu took deep breaths to calm himself down. He was agitated and angry. What on earth happened to Wonwoo to make him say such things? They only got together after Mingyu confessed only a few weeks ago and now there's a fight between them.

The thing is, Mingyu doesn't even know what caused the fight. It can't possibly be because of what happened in the afternoon a day ago right?

"So what's troubling you? Why won't you tell me?"

"..."

"If it's about Seungcheol Hyung, then there's no reason for you to be angry! He was just joking!! Why are you getting angry over this??"

"I'm not angry because of that."

"Then what? Why do you get so jealous easily?! I hate it!" Mingyu bellowed and immediately regrets it.

He just complained about Wonwoo's jealousy and that is a part of Wonwoo's personality. He just made a complaint about his boyfriend's personality, his character, a part of him. It was rude. Mingyu knew it but he couldn't take it back. He couldn't delete it as what he said was already heard by Wonwoo. And the subject wasn't pleased. Anyone could tell.

"I'M NOT JEALOUS BECAUSE OF THAT?! You got problems with me?!! So you dislike me being jealous?! Well, I'm sorry then! Sorry for making you hate me then."

"Wait, I wasn't-"

"And for your info, I am jealous. But you better find out the reason yourself. In fact, you know it better than me."

"What?! What did I do wrong?! Why can't you just tell me?!"

"Kim Mingyu, stop whining!! Stop being a child!"

"I'm not a child?! I'm already an adult!! Wonwoo, why are you bringing my age into this?!"

"Because you're too immature to understand me?!"

"I haven't even done anything wrong?!!"

You yourself know better what you've done wrong! "

"I already said I didn't do anything wrong!!"

" Mingyu, why? Why are you lying to me?"

"I-m not..."

"Why can't you just tell me? Do you still remember who was the one who confessed? It was you. How can you hurt me like this..."

Mingyu stiffened. His Boyfriend was crying. Wonwoo was crying. There was soft sniffs on the other end and even if there wasn't, Mingyu felt another pang in his heart; like all the other times he had but this time not because of Wonwoo, but because of him.

"Wonwoo... I'm not lying..."

"STOP HIDING THE FACT!! I ALREADY KNOW!! WHY?! WHY DON'T YOU JUST ADMIT?! PLEASE!!"

"I- Wonwoo, just listen to me-"

"I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU!! PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME
ALONE!"

"Wonwoo-"

"Please......"

And with that Wonwoo hanged up.

His hand was still trembling as he pulled the phone away from his ear. So much was going on in that one conversation. Mingyu's head was in a mess, he didn't know what to do. Mingyu stared at his phone.

Today 7.17 pm
Outgoing call    5 minutes

That five minutes felt like crap. It felt like the worst five minutes he ever had. Mingyu clenched his phone tightly as he bit his lips. Small droplets dripped onto his phone and Mingyu wiped the tears away with the back of his hand. His heart hurt and it hurt a lot. He closed his eyes forcefully and remained the clench on his phone.

What's going on? I don't understand...

Author's note:

Okay this chapter was meant to be short but I wanted it to be 1000 words!!!

Like I mentioned before, it might seem very rushed and confusing but I intended it to be!
And it's short so as to deliver that exact 'sudden' impact.