Chapter 2 - What Now?

Authors note:

Hi Guys!!! I am really enjoying writing this book. I already have some ideas for like the next two chapters. I hope you guys enjoy reading this as I enjoy writing this. Picture of Lexi to the side

***************************************************************************************************************

I wandered helplessly around the baggage claim with my bags and began to make my way towards the car rental station. On my way there, I say a pay phone. Damn! I dont have any change. I walked to Starbucks across from it and asked for change for a hundred. You dont know how happy I was to find out that they accepted bills larger than a 20. I asked for 5 dollars in quarters. The acne covered faced girl handed me my change and looked at me strangely. I rolled my eyes and walked back over to the payphone.

I put some quarters in the payphone then pulled out the peice of paper my dad I mean James gave me and dialed my grandmothers phone number.

"Hello?" a young but old sounding voice answered.

"Um hi. Is this Taneisha Jones?" I asked uneasily.

"Yes this is. Is this Lexi?" She asked.

"Yes" I responded

"Girl where the hell are you?!?" she yelled. I pulled the phone away from my ear.

" I am by the rental car place at the payphones." I said getting slightly irritated at the fact that she was so quick to yell at me without even knowing me.

"Okay meeet me there in five minutes" She said quickly.

"Sure" I said and hung up.

I went back to Starbucks and got a Strawberry&Creme Frappachino and went to the car rental place.

I saw a woman who looked about 30 or 40 standing there looking around. I just decided to stand there and look just as lost as she was just for the hell of it. I needed a good laugh. She spotted me and walked up to me.

"Are you Alexandra?" She asked

"Yeah. I prefer to be called Lexi if you dont mind" I said with some confidence. I have no idea where it came from.

"Well Im not the type of woman who gets sentimental and shit. I havent met you but you are my only grandchild so come here and give me a hug," She said opening her arms.

I gave her a hug with caution. I don't know this bitch from around the corner.

"Are we going to stand here all day and hug or can we go to your house so I can get unpacked?" I said with an aditude.

"Little girl I don't know who you catching an aditude with. When yo daddy said you had an aditude problem, he wasnt lying. You are here so I can teach you some disipline and toughen you up." She said back to me.

Damn. This lady ain't no punk. Shittt I wasn't letting that slip.

"Um I don't have an aditude problem. I don't know you so... and what do you mean toughen up?!? I'm just fine thank you very much. I don't disrespect my elders but I'm not just gon take no shit." I said boldly.

"Well shit. You ain't no punk. You'll do just fine in the hood." She said.

Hold up. The fuck she just say? The good? Aww shit. Here we go. I read some book like this shit. Hell naw. Let somebody test me. Yea aight.

"Lets go." I said. Compton ain't ready for me.

***********************************

Sorry the chapter was so short I just wanted to get a chapter where Lexi meets her grandma. Update coming soon.

Vote

Comment

SHARE MUTHAFUCKERS SHARE!!!