"Separate yourself to the world: be filled with Holy Spirit"

Start from the beginning

Don't live according to a sinful nature. Ignore fleshy desire for it will lead into sin. Change our mindset, if we put our mind into what our flesh wants and likes the spirit of God can't work with us. The things of the flesh include anything that is in the realm of the flesh, whether evil or good. Our flesh is in the sinful nature, but we as born again by the spirit must set our mind into the spirit desires. We must to walk as new being, walk as a real Christian.

How to separate our selves to this world?

Only by having the spirit of Jesus in us.
Not only to walk and have our activities according to the spirit, but to have our entire being according to the spirit. When we are according to the spirit, our walk also is according to the spirit. In this spirit the indwelling law of the Spirit of life, that is God Himself, works within us spontaneously and frees us from the law of sin and of death.

The things of the Spirit are the things concerning Christ, which the Spirit receives and declares to us in John 16:14-15 'He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.'

As we exercise ourselves to mind these things, eventually our whole being will be according to the spirit. This verse focuses in our MIND SETS. Why the mind?

For our mind is so powerful. Moreover, our mind is the strongest part of our being but this may be the weakest also. It seems that you are holding a weapon that can save your life, but can also put you into death. So we need to have a care on how to deal to our mind.

You can control your mind or it can control you or worst, something will control your mind. I said it is the worst because if your mind have been controlled by any forces, all aspects of your life can be damaged.
Our mind is like in a chess, which it can be compare to a king piece that if it is being checkmate by the opponent, the other pieces of your side can't be moved, for it means you are lost.

So, please think first before it's too late. "Use your mind," as we say it.
Scholars said that, normal person usually uses 12% of their mind in everyday chores. The other 88% are not use at all. There's an old joke says, "When you try to sell your mind, it will be bought with high price. For it is slightly used."
And it is the truth, we don't use the 100% capability of our mind and sometimes it uses us more than we use it.
Our mind is a tool supposed to be used, to help us and not to bring us troubles. And like any other tools the results of this is depending on how you're going to use it.

We are not our mind, but we are the user of the mind or the viewer of what it is being shown to us such as images, thoughts, illusions etch. Take note of this, we are not our mind. Sometimes we just obey the things that dictated by our mind, for we knew that whatever our mind says it is also what we want. It is a wrong thought, to think that what our mind thinks is always right. You are not controlled by your mind, thus, you are higher than it. The user is higher than the things that are being used.

My point is, don't let your mind controls you. Don't let your mind stands higher than you.
Can your mind really controls you?

Yes, your mind can controls you, for our mind is so powerful. But the power of our mind came from different forces or influences, such as media, friends, peers, church, satanic thoughts, academe, people around you etch. -they can controls your mind.. and the result?
SUFFERINGS. Mind is the king of our senses. For what a king commanded the servants will follow! But who really suffered after the commands? Not the king but the servants themselves. Example, in a mission of the soldiers, they blindly following the chief-commander, even their life is at stake. The reality here, the soldiers suffers a lot. Comparatively, what our mind dictates, our senses will follow. What if you are so materialistic? Your senses is in danger. Materialist is the servant of their senses. Our material body is naturally attached to this material world, like magnets which is bound to be attached in any other metals. So beware, what mind dictates, senses will follow. What if our mind suggests something bad, or things which is not good at all, your life is at stake, if you yourself was controlled by the mind.