Chapter 10: "Love?"

Începe de la început

As he keeled over in pain I backed up to the parallel wall and just stared at him in horror.

"Wha....What the hell?" he asked as he held his manhood in pain

"..."

Was he seriously questioning me?!

"What, the fuck, do you mean?!" I raised my voice a little, but not enough to startle Misugi's parents. "Y-You--!" I took a deep breath and tried to calmly go about this

"You're the one who's leading me on! I thought you wanted that!" he called back

Leading him....on?

"You called me, remember?" he continued "You called, your heart broken because the only man insane enough to love a twisted bastard like you, turned you down. I thought you wanted comfort!"

"I don't understand how you'd get that from me wanting someone to talk to!" I responded "I didn't want you to take my first kiss, let alone thinking about taking my virginity!" he sat up, seemingly shocked and a little caught off guard

"Oh..." was all he said as his eyes looked into my own

Oh? OH?!

"I'm going home" I slowly stood

"Please don't go..." Misugi said "I....I...." he looked away from me "Stay, here... I will treat you well, (First name). I--" He let out a sigh "I think I love you"

~ Monday~

"Not going to school?" Haru, my now appointed butler, asked me as he walked into my room to wake me up

"I don't want to go" I curled up in bed, holding a newly purchased body pillow that still smelled like the store

"You should go (Last name), it would taint your education if you miss even one day" he said

"So my grades are more important than my well-being?" I depressingly commented

"I think it would benefit your... well-being if you were to go out and see your friends. Its..." he kept talking, but I didn't hear a single thing he said. Haru is like them all, he doesn't understand having a desire or having that dream be shattered by the one you love, and for a friend to see you as more than as friend and for you to not know until you're already neck deep.

"Fine" I said, getting him to shut up "I'll get dressed and be down in 10"

"Alright" he left my room, the silence of it consuming my thoughts as I drew blank to my emotions. I walked around as a zombie, my legs and arms dressing themselves without any orders from the brain to do so. I walked down, on complete autopilot.

Off to school, home of hormonal idiots....

~

I got to the school grounds safe and sound, my mind calmer than when I awoke.

I walked towards school, everyone that looked at me either had 'You?' plastered on their confused face or something else derogatory. My body tensed up, my breathing got shallow, and my heart beat fastened.

I got to my shoe locker to switch out my street shoes for my school shoes, when I opened it a pile of notes fell out of my locker.

With one brow raised I placed the notes in my bag to read when I got into homeroom. I switched my shoes out and walked onto the premises.

The air thick as if something were about to go down. I could hardly breath I was so anxious, it felt as though I was trying to eat soup with a knife.

I walked into the classroom, Misugi nowhere in sight. There appeared to be something written on my desk...

Marker?

As I got closer flashbacks from middle school filled my brain. I stopped at my desk and began to shed tears... tears that I had long forgotten, it was as if I was crying out part of my soul with every drop of salty water that hit my desk.

Anything imaginable carved into my desk.

I felt like I was going to puke. I quickly pulled out the pile of letters from my locker:

Do the world and favor and--

Why are you still alive?--

Save us all the trouble and--

They were all horrible notes.... 20 of them.

I fell to my knees, my heart felt as though it had stopped beating.

This went on for the whole week. Letters in my locker, new carvings in my desk, and on Thursday my street shoes were found in the trash shredded to pieces.

--Friday--

"(First--)--"

I didn't hear anything, I felt lifeless. My soul completely shattered. I walked to my desk, ignoring my surroundings.

What could I have done in last week to pissed off this many people? I was fine last week! I was the new kid and nothing was wrong with that....but when I came to school Monday everything changed.... I became a target...

"Oi!" I felt a sneaker meet my face as I then fell to the ground and came to grips with reality. "Why did you dare come to school?" a kid I had never seen before was now holding his food on my head and he squished it into the floor.

"S-Sorry"

I shouldn't have come to school today either.... maybe I should just switch schools... but wouldn't they bully me anywhere else too?

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice, a voice that felt like a stab to the heart when it sounded

"Misugi?" the student with his foot on my face questioned

"Don't you have something better to do?" Misugi asked as if he was ordering them to leave. The foot left my face and the guys left the room, I can't imagine how far that would've went if Misugi didn't save me.

I owe you one, Misugi.... or maybe we are even now

"You shouldn't have to go through this alone..." Misugi said as he helped me up

"?" I tilted my head like a confused puppy

"Be mine and the bullying will stop"