Wattpad Original
Mayroong 5 pang mga libreng parte

Chapter One

Two Years Ago

CAPRICORN

Life is a long way with a lot of stops and each stop will point you to your destination. A big change in your life will bud today and this change is going to be one of those major stops. Don't be afraid to take the first step and have the courage to walk to the path that you want.

I snorted as soon as I was done reading the damn horoscope. Sa sobrang boredom ko ay pati ang imbento na horoscope sa newspaper na ginamit ni Daddy kanina ay binasa ko na.

It was a Saturday morning and I have nothing to do with my life. Pwede ko naman umpisahang gawin ang requirements na kailangan para sa clearance signing pero wala naman akong sinabi na masipag ako. The only time that I'm actually motivated to do my school works is whenever the deadline's drawing close.

Narinig ko muna boses ni Mommy bago ko siya nakita. Ibinaba ko ang hawak na dyaryo at isinubo ang natitirang maliit na tinapay na nasa plato ko. Her phone was placed near her ear and a small frown was etched on her face.

"Nakita ko na, but I can't bring it to you. I'll be late for my appointment, Xavier. Why don't you just ask one of your employees to pick it up?" Nawala ang simangot ni Mommy nang makita ako. She placed a thick folder on top of the dining table before leaning down to kiss me on the crown of my head. She paused, listening to my father's reply.

"Xavier—" My mother looked irritated as she looked at the screen of her phone. She clicked the button to lock the screen and massaged her forehead with her free hand in complete distress.

"What's up, My?" Inubos ko ang juice na natitira sa baso ko. I'm already done with my late breakfast.

"Yung magaling mong ama, he left this 'important' folder, and now he needs me to bring it to him," sagot niya. Ibinaba ko ang baso sa lamesa nang may naisip na ideya.

"I can bring it for you, if you like," I innocently suggested and my mother's face immediately brightened. When the look on my face clicked in her brain, her brightness dimmed.

She squinted her eyes at me. "Okay, what do you want?"

"Can I use your car? I'll drive you to your appointment and I won't go anywhere else," mabilis na sagot ko.

Mukhang pinag-isipan pa ni Mommy ang isasagot sa akin dahil hindi siya nagsalita agad. Tumingin siya sa wrist watch na suot-suot at napabuntong hininga.

"Fine," she grumbled and my grin widened. "But only if you really promise not to go elsewhere."

"I promise!" I shrieked in excitement.

My mother laughed and nodded. I cheered and quickly stood up from my chair. Nagpaalam muna ako para bago umakyat ng kwarto para makapagbihis.

I put on some jean shorts, a gray pullover with a cute design in front, and cute sandals. I coated my lips with some lip balm before going down. Nagmamadali ako sa pagbaba dahil sa sobrang excitement.

It's been a while since I last drove a car. Sixteen years old na ako kaya pinayagan na ako ni Mommy at Daddy na mag driving lessons. My age was tweaked, that's why I already have a non-professional driver's license.

I'm yet to have my very own brand new car on my graduation day next year. I'm actually more excited about it than finally moving on from high school.

Katulad ng pinag-usapan ay ihinatid ko muna si Mommy sa appointment niya. I didn't bother asking what. Umalis na lang ako agad at dumiretso na sa kompanya ng mga Fajardo. I wasn't born yet and my parents haven't even met when Glamur company was established.