I didn’t want to start a fight with him, so I just slipped off and asked Jo if I could hang out in the city.

“Is Luke or one of the girls going with you?” Jo inquired.

The other boys and girls had all been super protective too, treating me carefully. It was frustrating.

The only one that was treating me normally was…

“Ollie.” I said, with a smile. “Ollie is going with me.”

Jo pursed her lips and nodded. “Ok. You have to be back by two.”

“Ok.”

“You have a watch? And your phone is charged?”

“Yes, Jo.”

“Then have a nice time.”

I grinned and thanked her, texting Ollie to meet me out front.

I already had two texts from Luke asking where I was.

With a sigh, I texted him back.

Just went out to get some things in the city. I’m not alone, Jo made Ollie come with me. I know you don’t like it, sorry. I’ll be back soon xx

My phone rang as Ollie joined me with his goofy grin.

I rolled my eyes and Ollie raised an eyebrow. “Did you have an argument with Lover Boy?”

“No. I just told him some stuff and he’s gone way into the caveman overprotective mode.”

“I’ll answer it.”

Reluctantly, I handed Ollie my phone and he flicked it open.

“Hi, this is Ollie.”

“I’m answering her phone because I’m taller than her and like to be annoying.”

I snickered.

“What are we getting? Man, I don’t know. Del talked to Jo, not me.”

“Yeah, of course I’ll look after her.”

“No, I will. Ok. Ok. Goodbye.” Ollie hung up and handed me my phone back with a smirk. “Your boyfriend is way protective.”

I shrugged. “It’s a recent thing. See, we’re back in my old city. I moved here when I was twelve. I have an ex-boyfriend that lives here…and I’m really nervous about seeing him.”

“Oh. I respect his reasons then.” Ollie said. “Why are you afraid to see your ex?”

Ollie doesn’t really have a filter from brain to mouth.

I shrugged vaguely. “We didn’t end on good terms. He was…abusive.”

A muscle in Ollie’s jaw clenched. “Shit, Del.”

I smiled weakly. “Yeah. No one else but Luke knows that, so I’d appreciate it if you kept that a secret.”

“Yeah. Sure.” Ollie replied. “Why aren’t you hiding away then? On stage with your boyfriend?”

“Because as sweet as this protectiveness is, I’m being suffocated.” I explained. “I need some space. My ex is not going to appear out of thin air and attack me.”

But just as the words left my mouth, I caught sight of a pair of familiar dark eyes, staring straight at me, their owner hidden by the crowd of people that mobbed the city streets at a frantic pace.