Chapter 28

Another chapter today yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

AND it's a long one, double yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND it's full of dramarama! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!

haha, that was a bit odd, lol :P

Enjoyyyyyyy xx

PS-songs in here DO NOT BELONG TO ME. First one BELONGS TO BEYONCE (that goddess) and the second one BELONGS TO TAYLOR SWIFT (the girl that writes such relevant songs) 

OH OH-and in the second song, the bits in bold are the bits I've changed, just to suit the story. Still doesn't belong to me :) :) :)

What was it about Alison, Coco and Peach that was so appealing?

I mulled over this question as the four of us sat in the shadows at the back of the audience and watched Coco rehearse.

“What is it about her?” Jules burst out, frustrated. “I don’t understand.”

I analysed the American popstar.

She was tall, leggy and tanned. Her hair, while obviously still bleached blonde, was still pretty. She could still pull it off. Her eyes were cold, but had an alluring glitter that she only showed you if you wanted something. Her teeth were stupidly even and white. And I hated to admit it, but she could sing.

I explained all this grudgingly to a glowering Jules.

She scowled at me fiercely. “Thanks, Delilah. Now let’s talk like a best friend, yeah?”

I chuckled dryly. “You would kill me if I didn’t give you the honest truth. But seriously. Even though Coco is all that, she’s like…a poster. Nice to hang on your wall and look at, but you don’t want to interact in real life. You’re real and gorgeous and funny and talented in ways that Coco can only dream of.”

“Then why did he say yes to the club?” Jules demanded.

She knew she was being irrational. The rest of us knew she was hurt.

“Because he’s a boy, Jules.” Em said, gently. “They see a shiny thing and chase it. But eventually they’ll come back and discover the real diamond hiding behind the rock beside them.”

“That was deep.” Stella looked impressed.

I raised an eyebrow at Emilia and she burst into giggles. “I can’t take the credit for that one. Del gave me that spiel after one of my boyfriends broke up with me.”

“I am the deep one.” I acknowledged, ever so modestly.

“What about Peach then?” Em asked, nibbling her lip.

I thought for a moment.

Peach’s hair had been through hell, it was obvious. It had been dyed and straightened within an inch of its life and the pinky-red limp state of it now was the result. Despite this and her follower tendencies towards Coco, she had appealing features.

“She has nice eyes.” I offered. “And I think it’s sort of the idea of her. I mean, she’s an American working in the industry. But believe me when I say, Em, that Cal has no interest in her whatsoever. I have never seen anyone so smitten with you than Calum Hood.”