Chapter 43

So.....this was really fun to write. A bit cute, too. Because its..........LUKE AND DELILAH'S DATE!!!!

YAYYYYYY :D

Thank you for all your lovely comments; I'm so glad y'all are enjoying my little old story! :)

“Morning, sleepyheads.” I sang cheerfully when everyone was finally awake. The bus was already trundling along on its way with the sun.

They were all dressed in last night’s clothes, yawning as they sat up, rubbing their eyes and sniffing the air, which smelled like muffins.

I’d woken up early this morning, strangely refreshed after only a meager three hours of sleep and had detangled myself from Luke’s arms to get set baking some coconut muffins for when they all woke up.

“What smells amazing?” Luke murmured, walking over to me and standing behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

Nothing had changed since last night, but everything was different.

We weren’t hiding anymore, and even though it had been a few days ago that we’d openly admitted our feelings, now we were free to express them.

It was like last night had allowed us to open up fully to the idea that we could be together without it hurting.

“Coconut muffins.” I replied, handing one to him. “Want one?”

He took a bite from the one in my hand and groaned in pleasure. “If this whole singing thing doesn’t work out, you can be my personal baker.”

I giggled, shoving the muffin in his face. “We’ll see what happens.”

When everyone was quiet, eating their muffins, I wiped my hands on the tea towel and took a deep breath, leaning back against Luke, who supported me easily.

“I think I owe you guys an explanation.” I said, looking down at my hands and twisting my fingers together

Luke’s voice whispered in my ear in an instant. “Are you sure you want to do this, Del?”

“They deserve honesty.” I replied, lowly. “They deserve the truth as to why I’m such a bipolar psycho.”

“Don’t say that about yourself.” Luke nuzzled my ear. “You’re not either of those. You’re dealing with it all rather well, I think.”

“If you two lovebirds are done?” Cal coughed, raising an eyebrow.

I blushed and returned my gaze steadily forward, gaging their expressions.

Jules and Em’s faces were tense, Stella’s was calm and Cal, Mike and Ash’s were confused.

“An explanation about what?” Ashton asked, finishing his third muffin.

“I think I need to tell you guys about my past.” I said, quietly. “Jules, Em and Luke know, and Stella knows some. But I should’ve told you all sooner. I’m sorry, I was just scared you’d be disgusted or scared of me.”

“Is this about last night?” Mike rumbled. “With the pills?”

I closed my eyes. “Let me explain.”

So I did.

I told them almost everything I’d told Luke; about my mum’s death and my ex-boyfriend and my alcohol and drug abuse. I told them about my self-harm and about my suicide attempt.