Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

I could feel the moment that my senses started coming back. First I felt this really annoying pain on my arm. Then I could smell the faint smell of something sweet. Marshmallows? I was pretty sure that the smell was that of roasted marshmallows. Why was that smell here? My house usually smelled like mold since it was so old.

My hearing came back as well and I could hear the sound of a fire burning somewhere near me. That was more alarming. Why was a fire burning? My house didn't even have a fireplace.

Why was I feeling so confused? My mind was not working properly right now. My thoughts were a mess and my memories fuzzy. Did I get drunk? I never drunk alcohol. Was I going down with the flu? I didn't feel sick. What was going...

Suddenly the memory of green eyes came in my mind and my eyes opened almost comically wide, so much that I felt like an anime character. I looked around me and saw a really big room with dark brown walls and furniture that were probably more expensive than my house. Where the hell was I?

I sat up -for the first time I noticed that the mattress was really soft- and tried to put my thoughts in order. First of all there was indeed a fireplace in the corner of the room, the fire burning strong. I could also see a widow and to my horror it was dark outside. What time was it? My sister was probably worried sick about me.

Then a terrifying thought struck me and I looked down my body, panicked for a moment. I was fully clothed, minus the shoes. Thank God, I didn't have a one night stand that I couldn't recall. Last time, it had ended in the man crying because I didn't want to cuddle. I shuddered at the memory.

Even though I was relieved that that was not the case this time, I still didn't know what the hell was going on. I was starting to feel a little scared. What happened? I couldn't remember a thing. Was I drugged? Kidnapped?

I was about to stand up and try to leave the room when the door opened and a girl walked in. The girl was really pretty with dark curls falling down her waist, big doe eyes and full lips that would make Angelina Jolie jealous. She was probably a teenager.

"Hello," she said in a melodic voice. "Are you okay? I came to check up on you. Seriously, my brother ordered me to come every ten minutes and you sure sleep a lot. I was so bored! You better be an interesting person".

The girl's words left me staring at her, feeling more confused than ever. Who was this girl? "Um, I'm sorry but where am I exactly?" I asked, cursing myself for being polite all the time.

"I God, do I have to explain?" she asked, pouting like a spoilt kid, which she probably was. "This is our familia's house".

Familia? What? I really started to feel stupid with all the gaping I was doing. "What familia?"

"Jeez you ask more questions than my little cousin," she said with exasperation. "I'm going to call my brother since I don't care enough to explain. Wait here".

The girl left with a huff and for the first time since I woke up, I felt irritation instead of confusion. This girl and her snobbish behaviour was the last thing I needed right now but I did as she said. I waited because I was too much of a coward to disobey her and leave the room. This trait of mine was something that I was not proud of.

After ten agonizing minutes and a lot of fire staring from my part, the door opened once again and a familiar man walked in. As soon as I saw him I bolted of the bed, searching for ways to escape. Why didn't I leave when I had the chance? This painfully handsome man was the one that I had deemed as dangerous.

"Hello, bambina*," he said with his deep voice. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans, seeming a lot more humane than the first time I met him. At that time he looked like a model with his tuxedo. Also, what the hell bambina?

"Please don't hurt me," was fortunately the first thing that came out of my mouth and I instantly wanted to facepalm on my desk. Way to go Kiera.

The man seemed to be really amused by this as he started laughing like a jerk. If he didn't look so strong I would punch him. Yes, I really wanted to punch his face and then maybe kiss it because let's be real. He was hot.

"Stop it," I said instead, feeling irritated and humiliated. "Please, tell me what is going on. That is, if you can stop laughing like a moron".

This made the man stop but the smirk on his face was still there. "A moron you say?" he asked, chuckling again. "You're amusing, bambina, but next time you should be careful. Not everyone in this house has a sense of humour like I do. You should watch your mouth".

Suddenly the fear came back. His words reminded me that I was in an unknown house with strange people. What was with the emotional roller coaster?

"What is going on?" I asked with a trembling voice. "Where am I? Who are you?"

My words seemed to sober the man and his face suddenly became a hard mask. "This is my familias house..."

"What familia?" I interupted, earning myself a glare.

"As I was saying this house belong to my familia and you should be honnored that you're even alound here," he said with an arrogant smile. As for me, I'm Dante. I didn't think that you had the memory capacity of a gold fish".

What the hell was his problem?

"Also, you were attacked by some drunk men and I happened to pass by so I saved you," he continued as if he hadn't just insulted me. "Then, for some unknown reason, you fainted -you actually fainted for God's sake".

To my utter horror I blush. "I, I'm so sorry," I muttered, feeling my cheeks hot. Why was I apologizing anyway? I mean sure he had saved me from these men -and now my memories started coming back - but he was still an ass. "I won't trouble you any more. I must go".

Suddenly the man came right in front of me, looking really intense. "Oh no, bambina, you can't leave".

"W-what?" I said, taking a step back.

He was so close and I could smell him. His smell was not familiar to me but it was calming. It reminded me of my old books, old and comforting.

"Some really bad people saw you with me and my father insists that you should stay here for a little while until we'll be able to take care of it".

I opened my mouth to give him a -yet again- confused answer when I suddenly realized that the source of the marshmallow smell was this man. This really sexy man smelled like marshmallows. What?

"You smell like marshmallows," I blurted out, for the second time today my mouth acting on its own.

Dead silence fell in the room and at that moment I knew that I was in big trouble.

What the hell was wrong with me and my mouth today???

*bambina means little girl in Italian.

I hope that you liked this chapter. It's my favorite so far. Please vote and comment if you liked it. Thank you so much for your support.

Kisses :*