Chatper 2.

Chapter 2.

Sofie's father was a businessman that used to go out drinking at my mother's workplace. He was rich and handsome and my mother was really charmed but him. He would compliment her and give her flowers until one night she slept with him. It turned out that he was actually married and when he found that my mother was pregnant he disappeared.

That man, my little sister's father, was found dead yesterday. According to the reporter on the news, after an investigation the police found out that the man was involved in illegal drug activities.

These facts were shocking enough on their own but then the location of the murder scene was revealed and my heart skipped a beat. The man was found in an alley right next to the grocery store that I went with my sister yesterday.

This area was known for it's high crime rate -it was not the best area but the rent was cheap- but this was a little more personal than those murder stories of unknown people. This man, despite the fact that I hated him- was my little sister's father.

"Mum!" I yelled, my eyes glued on the TV.

I heard her coming in the room but I didn't take my eyes away from the TV.

"What is it?" she asked, trying to drown a yawn.

"Look," was my answer, instead of explaining.

When she turned her attention on the TV I felt her body stiffen next to me and she took a sharp breath.

"Oh, no," she whispered, sitting on the sofa next to me.

I looked at her pale face and felt a little guilty that I had shown her this.

"Mum, it two blocks away," I whispered too, now understanding why I felt the need to do so.

She didn't answer. She just stared at the TV and I looked away, deciding to stay silent.

I thought about the fact that Sofie's father was murdered when the man from two nights ago suddenly came to mind. He had warned me. This was obviously not a coincidence. The man was found dead a day after he had warned me about the dangers of being there at night.

How could he know though? Was he a drug dealer? For some reason this thought didn't seem right, even though the man sure looked like some kind of a Mafia member. Mafia, yeah right.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I had to remind myself that I was not in some kind of action movie. The man was probably trying to make a laugh out of a scared girl and nothing more. After all, he didn't harm Sofie in any way. He had actually tried to help her find me.

Later that evening I was walking past the dark park, intending to go at my best friend's house. After founding out about Sofie's father and then trying to cheer up my mother, I wanted a break and Alex's house was the best place to go.

I have known Alex since we were five and as we grew up we became friends and the he became my partner in crime. He was like a brother to him and he was one of the most important people in my life. Even if I wanted to struggle him most of the time.

"Hey, little girl," a deep voice came from my left and to my embarrassment I screamed.

I searched in the dark for a minute, trying to find the source of the voice and when I finally found it, I took a step back. Standing a little feet away from me were two big men. I couldn't see them very well but I could definitely see that they were large and old.

I took another step back and was ready to bolt when the larger one moved forward faster than I thought he could move and grabbed my hand. This send me in a panic and I started straggling with all I had but to no avail. The mad had a death grip on my had that would surely leave a bruise, if I even managed to get out of this situation alive.

"Let go of me," I yelled trying to sound braver than I felt.

The man just laughed and looked at this friend. "She's a feisty one," he told him, laughing like this was the funniest thing in the world. "Now now, little girl, you don't have to be so hostile. Let's have a good time the three of us.

"No!" I screamed, fighting harder.

I felt the man's hand unbuttoning my jacket and my eyes filled with tears as I struggled harder. Was this it? Was I going to get raped and even warse, murdered? Were they the ones that killed Sofie's father? Why did I go out all alone? Why was I so damn stupid?

"Please," I whispered pathetically and at that moment I hated myself for my weakness. I hated the fact that I was this pathetic.

"Let's have fun," the man, to my horror, whispered in my ear. He breath smelled of cheap beer and cigarettes.

I squeezed my eyes more, hoping that if I couldn't see a thing this was going to stop, as the man run his cold, clammy hand under my shirt. I shivered and trembled, feeling like this was the end of my short life when the man's hand suddenly disappeared.

I heard groans of pain and someone's chuckle but I didn't open my eyes. Standing there, trembling and with my arms around myself, not even daring to open my eyes, I felt so helpless and pathetic that I wanted to throw up.

When the noises stopped, someone touched my shoulder and I whimpered, fearing to open my eyes.

"Open your eyes," a commanding voice with an Italian accent came.

I immidiately opened my eyes, feeling like I should obey the man, and I saw the most beautiful shade of green eyes that I have ever seen. Those green eyes, with those thick eyelashes belonged to the mysterious man from two nights ago.

If someone ever asked me, I wouldn't be able to tell them how I was so sure that he was the same man even though he was too close for me to actually see his face. It was just something almost instinctual that told me who he was.

"I warned you," his voice was soft and my vision started blurring, "you shouldn't be out in the dark. The big bad wolf might eat you, bella".

I opened my mouth to answer but then everything fainted to black.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for your support. Your comments and votes made my days. If you liked this chapter let me know. Or if you didn't let me know as well. Haha.

^

Picture of Dante.