Prologue

Hey Guys!

So I'm trying something a little different this time, I'd love to hear what you all think about it!

I'd like to dedicate this to 5amdaisy for her awesome cover, and the picture at the top of this page! She's absolutely amazing

Sophie xx

------------

In a dark chamber, draped in a regal gown, a queen was bent over a bed clutching to her dying, husband's hand. The King of Doreland had been ill for some time and it was finally his time to leave this world.

"No Nelson, don't leave me yet. I'm not ready, I'll be all alone." Queen Leonora sobbed. After King Nelson dies, Leonora would cease to be Queen and with no children of her own to carry on the line the throne would fall to Nelson's bastard child.

"Leonora, where is my mother? I need to see her." Nelson pleaded, he was in so much pain.

"Of course, I will send for her this instant." Leonora said as she rushed to the door just as it was pushed open by the dowager Queen Mother Helena Saville.

"No need for that. You may leave us Leonora." The dowager queen smiled. She had always despised Leonora, but alas her late husband thought that they would make a good match. "I am here now my son." She smiled at her darling boy as she gently stroked his head.

"Mother. You have to find her. Find Lilla, she will help you find her. Find my daughter she is the heir to the throne, she will be the Regent Queen of Doreland." He gasped, he was finding it increasingly more difficult to breathe.

"Of course, just rest Nelson. I'll find her." She said, promising him that she would do anything and everything in her power to find his child for him. The Queen Mother Helena watched as her son breathed his last breath.

Gathering her composure, Helena left her son's chamber to find her guards. She had a granddaughter to find.