Chapter 2

I awake to the phone screeching away at 3 o'clock in the morning. I remove myself from Shawn and stumble over to it, picking it up to see the caller ID is Mom.
(T- Taylor, A- Arri).
A: Mom, are you okay? It's three in the morning.
T: Is there any possibility you can pick Ev up?
A: Like now?
T: A, please. Maya is struggling to breathe!
A: Shit, I'll be right over.
I end the call and walk speedily but quietly to my wardrobe as I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder.
"A, what the hell are you doing up?" Shawn asks as I slide into some clothes that are not my pyjamas, yoga pants and a hoodie.
"Stay here, I've got to go out." I kiss his lips and he runs to the other side of the room.
"No, A. It's late; where are you going?"
"To help my Mom save Maya's life." I tell him walking out our room and he quickly follows. We run outside to my car and leap in. I speed down the streets and pull up on Mom's drive where I see a wheezing Maya and Ev, fast asleep in Ed's arms.
We dash out the car and I carefully grab my sister's small body and place her in the back two seats, Shawn straps her in as I get her bag for school and another one that had stuff for tomorrow in it. I kiss Maya's forehead before my parents run off to the car. I get back in the car and wait for Shawn.
"Let's go," I say sharply as he gets in.
"Wait, A. Are you okay?" He places his hand on my knee and I nod, avoiding the lump in my throat. "A, babe, you are not okay, that's fine. It's alright to cry and all that. I'm sure Maya will be okay-" With that the floods open and I start to cry.
"What if she's ends up like the kids we saw today Shawn? What if Mom and add Ed end up living in the hospital with her? What if Ev ends up unwell too, because she never sees her parents?"
"Ssh, it's not going to be like that gorgeous;" Shawn gently traces his thumbs under my eyes, gathering the tears. "Do you want me to drive?" He asks as he runs his fingers softly over my hand.
"I think I'm gonna be okay," I say and he looks at me again. "I'm sure,"
We get home and I place Ev in the spare bed and tuck her in, putting her bag on the floor aside the bed.
I see Shawn in our bedroom and get under the covers with him.
"I love you," I whisper as he encloses me in his warm grip.
"I love you too,"
*The VMA's*
"You two, be all loved up and what not, maybe then you'll get left alone." I sigh as our management leaders shout instructions at us as we approach the red carpet. "I think they should kiss;"
"We're not kissing on the red carpet;" I say defensively and they roll their eyes.
"Arabella, you and Shawn are one of the biggest celebrity couples right now. Kiss on that red carpet." I raise my eyebrows as the car stops. "Go!" They shove us out the car and Shawn wraps his arm around me. He whispers in my ear, "We're not kissing on the red carpet," I start laughing as we walk along, turning round occasionally so they can take pictures. We stop for the cameras after a while, then doing photos on our own before getting in group pictures with our friends.
We head over to interviews by ourselves.
"Can you confirm that you and Shawn are now living together?" The interviewer asks me.
"I can, we moved in a couple weeks ago;"
"And your performance tonight?"
"Nervous as hell, so many other amazing people are performing,"
"Including of course Shawn,"
"Tell me about it," I say honestly.
"Are you two competitive by any chance?"
"Well, you could say that," I reply and the interviewer laughs as I feel an arm sitting comfortably round my shoulders.
"Talking about me?" Shawn asks as I look up at him.
"Actually, we were talking about how much more amazing my performance is gonna be compared to yours;"
"Umm, no." He says and I shake my head.
"Umm, yes Mendes."
"Likely story," The interviewer just stares at us.
"This is normal," I tell her and she laughs as I grab Shawn's hand that's still round my shoulders.
"We'll let you go,"
"Thanks," We walk away and Shawn leans down to my ear.
"What they don't realise is that we are performing together," I raise my eyebrows and he pecks my lips, long enough for the cameras to catch.
"You said you weren't gonna kiss me on the red carpet," He shrugs at my statement as we head inside.
Our performance rolls around and I straighten the purple ankle length dress as the music starts. I begin to walk backwards on to the stage raising the mic to my mouth. We sing Secret Love Song, moving backwards slowly so we meet in the middle for the final chorus. The song ends and Shawn has his hands on my waist, I see him lean forward and don't stop him as the audience give a standing ovation. His lips land on mine and we kiss quickly before running off the stage to put management who seem over excited.
"Hottest couple in the world! We told you to kiss and you did it, on stage in front of millions of people watching from their TV screens! Go, get back into your other clothes! You are presenting an award in 10!"
With that we are whisked into the world of hair and makeup, leaving all the sweet tingles from the kiss behind.
A/N: Heyyy Guys! Just thought I'd ask you how you are all doing? School bad? Haha I feel the same xx