Hell--o

Axle's POV

"Yes sir?" I asked

"Uhhh.... Axle, he is Hugo Farlane and..." he gulped and I tilted my head.

"and?"

"He will be staying with you" My heart stopped beating. "For a month"

"But this is the start of the school year! Can't they just, you know, go away!?"

"Ms. Hughes! That is not what we taught you here! This is a lesson for them not to us" My lips thinned.

"Hell--o" I wanted to say Hell no but he looked at me sternly. "I mean hello" I waved then I muttered sarcastically; "Great, one more mouth to feed"

A guy and a girl who heard me chuckle then the girl said; "More like 2" We laughed and I stood at the side with Him.

We talked for a while and realized that he was as arrogant as can be. I admit, he's handsome. His ginger hair was hit by the sunlight.making it shine. His thousand watt grin illuminating the hall and his teeth as white as a pearl.

We stopped talking after the assembly and the 'lucky' 15 students were sent home. We walked home together.

"Well this is my home. I'm sorry it looks like that but its sturdy" I gestured to my home and he flinched. We entered and he sat on our sofa.

"Noones home except for us" I mentioned. I went to the kitchen and stopped by the door. I forgot, we have no food. "Umm-- Hugo?"

"Yeah?"

"We-uhh have no--" FOOD. He seemed to have understood since he replied with "Its okay" in the most sympathetic tone.

I went to join him in the living room, bringing my laptop.

"Uhh-- How is it that you have a laptop and no food?"

"I won this in a contest in Washington" I replied, blushing slightly.

"Wow, what kind of contest?" he asked, leaning closer. "I'm a mathlete" I answered proudly.

The door suddenly opened and my baby brother, John Paul went in. "Axie Axie!!! I found a 5 dollar bill while I was on the way home!" He was jumping up and down. I pulled him to my lap and he showed it to me.

"What if we buy food for us? If we have spare change then we'll buy you--" I suggested then I tapped my chin so it looked like I was thinking.

"Really? We could buy a toy?!" He said and I nodded. He hugged me tightly, I suddenly felt a gaze on me and I turned to see Hugo. He was grinning his thousand watt grin. "Paul, I would like you to meet Hugo. He will be staying with us for a while" Paul waved at.him and he smiled softly.

"Come on. Let's go buy food." I said putting him down. I ran to my room, getting my almost-empty wallet. I knew I said we'd use his money but it is HIS money. I returned to them and laughed when I saw my brother babbling about the toy racecar he saw.

"and it only cost 2 dollars!!!!" he said as he jumped on his lap. Hugo chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Go lets." I said. They stood up, hand in hand and I couldn't help feeling admiration. I took Paul's other hand and we all went to the grocery store.

We bought food but we kept it to a minimum of 100 dollars. Sometimes, I could feel Hugo's gaze on me. I just let it slide though, I know that we wouldn't like like each other since he would never like someone like me

or maybe his family would send me away if they find out about the state we currently live in.

We went to the cashier thing and saw my friend, Savor. His parents loved cooking but same story. Money got stolen, debts were paid leaving them bankrupt.

"Hello Savor!" I greeted as I placed the basket on the counter.

"Hi Axle, tough week huh?" he said as he slid it on the laser thingy.

I sighed; "Worst so far" I said and he nodded in approval. "Slow day at work?" I asked and he slumped his shoulders.

"Yes and Grammy's condition is worsening" I nodded feeling pity. "68 dollars and 99 cents"

I took out my wallet and opened it. I frowned and took out the 100 dollar bill. I gave it to him.

"I just wish we could go back to how we used to live" he said as he placed the money inside the cashier.

"I know but I promise we'll get better soon" I felt a head rest on my thigh and suddenly it felt wet. I looked at Hugo, apologizingly and bent over so I could look at Paul's eyes that were rimmed with tears. I gently wiped it away and asked if he was okay.

"I-I want to help you. I-I'll d-do anything t-to help keep t-that p-p-promise" I pulled him in for a hug and he attached himself on me. Propped up on my hip, I told him that he could help by staying good. He calmed down and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about that--"

"Its fine, anyone can see that this place is filled with lovely costumers" he said sarcastically as he gave the change to me. I chuckled and took only the bill. He looked at me weirdly.

"What? I love Grandma Taters!" I defended and he smiled warmly at me.

Someone cleared their throat and I realized that I haven't properly introduced Hugo to Savor.

"Oopsie, I forgot" I stated and gestured to Hugo. "He is Hugo Farroad--"

"Hugo Farlane" he introduced himself with an irritated tone.

"Savor Ree Quest" said Savor and they laughed.

"Dude! Thats your real name?" asked Hugo, amused. He nodded and they broke into fits of laughter. I couldn't help but giggle too, earning a surprised look from Savor.

"Lets go home now, I still have to cook" I said. "Hugo, please carry the groceries"

"Yes ma'am" he took it and we walked to the front door and left after Hugo said, "Bye Savory!"

----------

+A/N funny name.....

;)