Chapter 22 - "For Such A Smart Alpha, You're So Stupid At Times."

Start from the beginning

Whoa. He is never this helpful and considerate.

Hm, this shows how desperately he wants our Mate.

I swallow heavily as I adjust my black bow tie, taking a once over at the full-length mirror in front of me.

I must say, Micajah. You are looking good today.

I grin, pleased with myself.

The guy in front of me does look good. His platinum blond hair is neatly gelled and styled, combed back in a modern way. His white suit fits his lean form perfectly, emphasizing his shoulders—making them look wider than they are—and tapering down to his narrow hips. His feet are adorned with a new pair of shiny black shoes, that can almost show his reflection for the amount of shine on them.

Only his glasses didn't match his elegant attire.

Gah, who cares.

Knock, knock.

I turn to my open door in surprise, and there standing is none other than Nicole.

Wearing a red dress and a wide grin.

Her hands are behind her back, as if she is hiding something in them, and this in addition to the mischievous glint in her eyes, gives me a bad feeling.

"Look what I bought!" She announces cheerfully, and pulls her hand to the front, revealing a small white box.

My nightmare.

Goddess NO! Help me!

❉ ❉ ❉

Ten minutes later, I'm sitting on my dresser chair in front of my mirror, scowling at my reflection.

"Goddess, stop looking so glum!" Nicole cajoles, screwing the lid of the box, shut.

"I hate you,"

"Haha, You're welcome!" She sings, placing the empty box on my bedside table. She saunters over to the mirror and stands behind me, looking at my reflection.

You're wondering what my problem is, aren't you?

"Aw, look at our cute Aleph! He's just too sweet, I wanna pinch his cheeks!" She exclaims, looking at me with an 'aw' face.

The box she brought? They're contact lenses.

"Shut up." I turn away, trying to tamper down a blush.

"Just kidding," She laughs. "Okay. I'm gonna help with the decorations." She looks serious now. "Gotta go! See ya!" She gives me a little wave and click-clacks out of the room in her heels, leaving me scowling at the mirror like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

Yeah, she forced me to wear them.

'Stop being such a big baby. It's getting late. Go!' My Wolf commands, and I can feel his urge to kick my butt into action.

'Okay! I'll go!' I answer and get up, blinking once more in unease.

You guessed it right. I hate contacts with a passion.

I sigh and traipse down the stairs to the living room.

Just as I'd expected, there's no one.

Maybe I should go to the hall where the ceremony is going to be held and make myself familiar with my surroundings. At least, that will help me a little to calm down when I'm giving my speech.

I spin towards the main door to leave when a voice stops me.

"Where do you think you're going?"