Prologue

~19 BBY~

Jade -

Everything had been shattered into pieces so fast that if you had blinked even once you would've been dead. I watched as flashes of Jedi dying whipped through my mind like a montage in a film. The clones had turned against the Jedi with the click of a button like they had planned it all along. If it wasn't for my ability to see things before they happened, Obi-wan and I would both be dead. 

Everyone I ever knew was dead, the Jedi temple destroyed. I couldn't believe the sight as I walked down a bridge with a black cloak and hood on, completely disguised from the mourning senators around me. My robotic forearm making small whirring noises only I could hear as my arms swung next to my sides. 

After that was the hardest, delivering a baby boy to a home on Tattooine, to strangers. Obi-wan and I hadn't talked since everything went down and at this rate, it looked like we would never talk again. We were both mourning the loss of our old padawans and the death of our good friend who was nothing more than an innocent summer child. 

I sat at the table, tapping my fingers on the glass top lightly as Obi-wan stared at the table, zoning out. while senator Organa and Master Yoda talked about what we were going to do. I was thinking, trying to put confusing puzzle pieces together on how this happened, how someone Obi-wan and I both loved turned into a monster.

I took a deep breath, calming my anger as I realized this was all his fault. All Darth Vader's fault.