The White Rose

Ruby walked up the stairs to her apartment and opened the door, marked with the number 27. She placed her bag on the table and made her way to the sofa. Ruby lived in a comfy apartment, it wasn't too big, but it was perfect for her. She spent most of her time watching shows on her television or drawing, when she wasn't busy at work. Drawing had become her latest hobby, it let her think and express emotions that she otherwise couldn't. Her favorite thing to draw had become nature. She loved to draw the flowers that bloomed as winter ended, with their pale purple pedals, and the other various plants that grew in the world all around her. Nature is beautiful, and the people in this world are one of its many creations. Her desk in the corner of her room had become cluttered with notebooks, each marked with many different drawings scattering their pages, and the waste basket next to it sat full of crumbled up paper. Ruby continued to watch tv, flipping through the channels mindlessly, as the only thing she thought about was Weiss. "Should I draw her something?" She asked quietly to herself. "I wonder what she'd like, maybe the sunset, or a drawing of something else beautiful like that." No matter how much Ruby debated, she could not think of what to draw Weiss. She wanted to give her something beautiful. Something that was as perfect as the white haired girl she had fallen for. Just as her ideas grew more cluttered and complex, she thought of the perfect thing.

The next day, when Weiss walked into the coffee shop and ordered her typical meal, Ruby would give her the drawing. Ruby waited, anxious as to how Weiss would react to what she had made for her. It felt like an eternity, even though it had only been a few hours into her shift when Weiss came in. She wore her usual attire, but this time her hair was let down, flowing down her back, almost to the center of her torso. "She gets prettier each day somehow." Ruby said to herself. When Weiss' order was ready, Ruby grabbed the drawing and placed it under the plate. She set down the order, but Weiss seemed to not notice the drawing. Ruby waited, her anxiety growing, until finally Weiss set down her drink and looked at the cake laid in front of her. She notice the paper lying under the plate, and picked it up. She inspected the page, and a blush began to spread across Weiss' pale cheeks. A huge smile spread across Ruby's face, and she hoped that she loved it. After Weiss had set down the paper, still looking at it, doing an awful job at hiding a smile. Ruby walked over to ask Weiss if she liked the drawing she had done for her, still nervous despite the girl's obvious liking for the gift. When Ruby reached the table, before she could say a word Weiss stood up and hugged her. Ruby was shocked, but she then wrapped her arms around her princess and held her tightly. They stood their, intertwined in each others arms, until Weiss eventually released. "Thank you Ruby. That was so sweet. Thank you." Weiss said, her face a crimson red. "You're welcome. I just thought you deserved something as beautiful as you are, and this was the only thing that could even come close to you." Ruby replied, surprised that she could answer so calmly. Weiss leaned in and gently kissed Ruby on the lips. Ruby felt like she was in heaven. She had never kissed anyone before, but she thought she understood what it was like from the shows. This was so much better than anything she had ever experienced. Ruby released from the kiss, blushing immensely, and looked at the floor. "Thank you for the drawing Ruby, I love it. And I'll see you tomorrow. See you later" Weiss said as she moved in to hug Ruby once more. "Bye Weiss, umm, would you want to come over my house tonight and watch a movie or something?" Said Ruby, hugging Weiss affectionately. "Sure, that sounds great. Would 7 work?" Weiss said, still holding Ruby in a tight hug. Weiss released, then so did Ruby a second later, wishing she could stay like this forever. Weiss then made her way to the door, stopping to wave at Ruby before opening the door and making her way to where she had to be. As Weiss walked down the busy street, she found herself looking at the drawing Ruby had made for her. It was of a field of roses, but one stood out against the rest. It was pure white, shining among the rest of the flowers with it's pure beauty. Weiss smiled at herself as she walked down the road, looking up at the sign above her, "The Schnee Jewelry Company" and walked into the door, hiding the smile on her face.

I've decided I'll be trying to update this story almost every night around 9pm. I hope you enjoy the story. Have a great day!