The Future

Zoro pov

"Not right now, but in the future I'd definitely want to try again."

I smiled and look at him through my peripheral vision. "Me too."

--------------------time skip------------

"Well here's my stop." said Sanji as he pulled a small bag out of the back seat and exited the car. He hesitated on the side walk on the sidewalk in front of his apartment complex.

I closed my eye. I didn't want to witness him walk away. I'd rather just open my yes and see him gone.

To my surprise that's not what happened. Before I knew it, I felt two warm hands grab my face and turn it so that it fell into a kiss.
A kiss caused by the perfect pair of lips, topped and bottomed but perfectly trimmed facial hair. I wrapped my armed around his next as the kiss deepened.

I wanted more, and I know he felt the same,

but he pulled his lips away.

He continued to caress my face as he kissed my forehead, and rested his forehead to mine. He smiled as we locked eyes.

"If you ever need anything. Call me anytime." He breathed, and I chuckled at his use of the line I wrote on the business card I gave him.

We kissed on last time. Then he disappeared, for a short time I hope.

Sanji pov

I fumbled with my keys as tears rolled down my face. Don't worry, these were happy tears. Tears that's shined with reflections of the future. I loved Zoro. It's just we were at two conflict points in our lives. I was seriously taking off as a cook, and like he said, gang activity was up. He was busy. I finally got inside, and cleaned up. It was approximately 3:40 and I had nothing to do but think which never ended well.

Ill call Nami. She got to be up.

Buzz. Buzz. Bu~

"Sanji! It's before 5 am. I need beauty sleep!"

"Heh, sorry. You know your ex"

"Which one?"

I rolled my eyes. I knew she got around, but still. "Zoro."

"Yeah."

"I started dating him a few days ago."

"Congrats!"

Wow no anger? "Thanks."

"So how's it going."

"Good, h-he had to go undercover."

"Aw. Don't worry he will be back soon."

"How did you deal with it."

"He never went under cover while we were together. It was a years ago before we even met, so he was just starting his career."

"Oh."

"Well I got to get sleep. Call Zeff he's been worried, and promise you'll get some rest."

"Ok. I will. Bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up to call Zeff. He answerd before it even finished ringing.

"SANJI WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!"

"I-I went on a trip with a friend."

"SANJI... Ok whatever. Tell me before you leave next time."

"Yeah. Okay."

"You don't have to come into work today, but you have a interview on 'Good Morning Japan' with Nico Robin, and  T.T. Chopper at 10:30."

"Okay." I yawned.

"Get some rest."

"Yeah. Bye, love ya."

"Bye."

He hung up. Classic Zeff. I chuckled as his awkward show of affection. Time to get some rest.

Zoro pov

I arrived at 4:05

"Zoro where have you been?" questioned Mihawk as I jogged into the secret service headquarters.

"Busy."

He only raised a eyebrow. "Let's go."

All I could think about was Sanji as we traveled to the briefing room. His words kept ringing in my head. All I have to do is make brought today and then the next etc., and eventually the day will come when we can try again. I must have been smiling like a kid in a candy store because Mihawk grabbed my by the collar.

"What's is your problem?" He shouted as I shoved him away.

"Get yourself together before we walk in there. Look at yourself." He growled and pointed to the briefing door.

"Your right." I mumbled as I jogged away, blushing, to the locker room to change out of my sweat pants.

------------------time skip----------------------

I quickly wrapped the towel around my waist as I turn off the shower. I walked back to my locker only to notice that there was no one there which seems normal, but this has never happen when I was around. I looked around to be greeted by video cameras which gave me a odd feeling like I was being watched.

"Hmmmm" I looked questioning my at the camera, but quickly shook the feeling. It was already 4:40. I quickly gelled back my hair and dressed in my spare suit.

"Here we go." I breathed as I toke on last look in my mirrior and walked away.

What is with these cameras?
-------------------------------------------------------

AN- short chapter bc I was cringing at how dry this chapter was. Don't worry next chapter action starts.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA