Chapter Eleven- Sorry isn't Always Enough

---------------------------------------

Mickie's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

I tried to take as long as possible to get home, but it was such a short journey I was home before I knew it. Realising I hadn't brought my door keys with me, I took a long, deep, breath before knocking on the door.

I couldn't hear any shouting. That had to be a good sign right?

It seemed like a year had passed before my dad finally opened the door. "Don't run off like that Princess." He said pulling me into a tight hug, I hugged him back just as tightly.

"I'm sorry dad. I just needed to get out of here." I whispered into his shoulder. He rubbed my back, as he led me into the house, closing the door behind us

"It's okay, I understand." I reassured me as we made our way to the sofa. He sat me down on the sofa and told me he was going to go and make tea for the two of us. He returned not long after with two steaming mugs of tea in his hand, he handed me one before sitting down next to me.

We sat in silence for a while before I finally asked what was on my mind, "Where's mum?" He sighed and looked at me sadly, he gave me a small, forced, smile before answering.

"I'm sorry Princess, your mother just needs some time..." He trailed off.

"Oh. Okay." I nodded to show him that I understood. Of course I understood. It had taken me nearly a year to accept who I was, I couldn't expect my mum to understand in one night.

"She's going to be staying with friends for a few days." I swallowed the thick lump I felt in my throat. My mum couldn't even be in the same place as me, she must really feel disgusted by me. "Hey, it's not your fault." My dad said, obviously noticing how much her leaving had effected me, even though it was only for a few days. I just nodded in response to him.

"I'm going to get an early night. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay honey, I'll see you in the morning." He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before I headed upstairs to my bedroom. 

Half two in the morning and I still couldn't sleep. My mind keep drifting back to Arizona. What had she meant when she said that Sasha was the reason her mum kicked her out? Why had she said the word 'victim' when describing what Sasha was to her? And most importantly, why did it bother me so much that Sasha was Arizona's ex-girlfriend?

I felt bad for leaving Arizona alone with Sasha when she clearly didn't want to be left with her, but I couldn't help but feel awkward, they obviously had a lot to discuss and I didn't think either would be comfortable discussing their private business while I was still there. 

Arizona wasn't the only person on my mind. As much as the situation with Arizona bothered me, there was another situation that bothered me even more.

Courtney and I.

I couldn't keep pretending that I didn't miss her, because I did. I missed her so much, my heart ached not seeing her every day. Every time she knocked on my door, I had to force myself not to answer, every time she had called or texted I had to battle with myself to ignore and delete it.

Why did loving her hurt so much? Why did she have to keep hurting me?

I woke to the sound of someone knocking, rather loudly, on the front door. I struggled to get out of bed, my body felt heavy and tired. Checking the bedside clock, I noticed it was just after nine in the morning, I couldn't have got more than four hours of sleep in total last night. Yawning and rubbing my barely open eyes, I called out to the person that I was coming.