Is It The End

Chapter 1~Is It The End?
(Knight's POV:)

I slinked forward, my finger placed carefully on the trigger of my rifle. "Tell me when,"I reminded Price. The sound of footsteps entered my hearing, me cursing before silently placing my rifle down.

Reaching for my combat knife that was strapped to my chest, I patiently waited. "Now!"Price ordered. One. I stabbed the leg of the approaching enemy and pulled him down as he began to wail. Two.

I climbed on top of him, straddled his hips and plunged the knife into his fore head. Rolling off, I quickly picked up the sniper rifle and began to aim. Three. Just as I pulled the trigger, the alarm ringed.

Four. I groaned with frustration as I missed my shot.

~•~

I stood outside Price's office, fiddling with my dogtags I patiently awaited him to call me inside. As the door swung open and a soldier exited, I could briefly catch Price wave before the door could shut.

I stepped into the room, my eyes aimed forward in respect for my captain. "Four times,"Price chuckled. He leaned back in his chair, pulling the cigar out of his mouth. "You screwed up four times Kid,"

"I did-"I started.

"Save it!"Price slammed his fists against his desk. "Because of your screw ups, Al Akkad got away,"Price stated while pushing his chair back. He stood up and walked around the desk. Stopping in front of me, he grabbed my chin and forced me to look him into the eyes.

As we had a moment of silence, he suddenly reared back and unleashed a punch. Falling backwards from the force of impact, my hands reflexively reached for my cheek. "You're off the team. Leave your badge and your ID in the Briefing room, Sergeant,"