Damsel in Distress |17|

ابدأ من البداية

Niall gave me a quick nod, thanking me for sacrificing myself to the beast, and I replied with a smile of encouragement as I dragged a protesting Jetta out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"This is so gay, seriously," she griped as we made our way back into the room, quietly closing the door behind us. Apparently Louis had never woken up because his door was still closed and there were no other signs of life.

"Yes it's completely homosexual," I agreed about the 'situation', attempting to lighten the mood, but Jetta just glared at me.

After a few moments of awkward silence, I looked toward Jetta and released a sigh, "You just want to try and get some sleep?" I asked, mentally crossing my fingers because I could feel my bed calling my name.

"No. I'm not even tired anymore. Besides its almost four in the morning, may as well just not bother," she whined crossing her arms over her chest and taking a seat on the dresser near the window.

"Yes... because spending the wee hours of the morning just sitting in the corner and pouting is a much better use of our time?" I mused, bracing myself for her backlash.

"Shut up," she muttered, still not cracking a smile. I'd come to find that it was easy for Jetta to joke about pretty much anything except when it came to Channing... that's the only time she grew deathly serious.

I stood in the middle of my room, still clad in no more than my boxers, when I suddenly got an idea. Jetta was obviously in one of her pissy moods, and I realized the only way to get her back to her fun, goofy self, was if I gave her a distraction. I could be her distraction. My mood perked up as I considered the possibilities, and being as it was our last day in America, I knew there was somewhere important I wanted to take her before we left.

"Hey, you wanna get out of here?" I asked, leaning forward to grab her hand, pulling her off of the dresser. I dragged her to the front door before I realized we should probably grab some clothing; I ordered her to stay put while I ran back and grabbed a shirt and sweatpants for myself as well as some gym shorts for Jet to wear under her tee shirt.

"Where're we going?" she asked with the ghost of a smile on her lips, and I ignored her as I slipped on my shoes that were sitting by the door, waiting for her to do the same.

After she got her bright pink converse on, I couldn't help but to laugh at her appearance; although all of her clothing was extremely random, she still seemed to pull it off, looking good nonetheless.

She stood there awkwardly, giving me an expectant look as I looked her over, and only realized she was waiting on me after she cleared her throat.

"Quit oogling my goodies," she mumbled, looking down at her own attire.

"What goodies? There's nothing to oogle when your clothes are so baggy!" I said with a laugh, trying to downplay my creepiness.

"Don't act like you weren't imagining my lovely lady lumps," she teased as I felt a guilty smile crawl across my lips, but I shook my head in denial nonetheless.

Jet gave me an unconvinced look before clearing her throat once more, "So, did you just force me to put pants on to make fun of me?" she questioned, propping her hand up on her hip, "Because you know I'm not a fan of wearing pants unless it's absolutely necessary," she continued, looking at me with her eyebrow raised.

"No, just c'mon," I answered quickly, grabbing her hand once more and pulling her out into the deserted hallway.

Considering it was so early, the nice thing about our little adventure was that we didn't have to worry too much about hiding from fans.