2. When He Gets Back

*Thayer POV*

A knock on my door and then it opens. I open my eyes and rub them. I fell asleep.

"Hey, are you okay?" It's Micah. He comes over and lays on my bed beside me. "You never came and got me, so I had my mom drive me over here." He places his hand on my face.

"I must have fallen asleep. I'm sorry." I don't want him to leave tonight. I missed him so much. Why does there have to be school tomorrow?

"I missed you. I hated not having service on the road." He smiled. "And when I had service I was busy looking at the college and taking notes and-"

"Shhhhh," I say putting myself in his arms. It was only a week but I missed him so much.

"What happened at school when I was gone?" He asks me.

"I don't want to talk about school right now. Tell me about the college visit." I said. It was true. I didn't want to talk about school right now.

"I'm sleepy." Micah yawns. I reached over and checked my phone for time. It's only 7 o'clock.

"I guess I could sleep again if you want to." I answer.

"Can I just stay the night?" He asks. He sounds sad all of the sudden. I'm pretty sure I'll get a disappointed look from my mom in the morning but I don't really care right now.

"Of course." And he is out. No response. I thought it was weird, but he is staying on a school night, and I'm in his arms. What else could I ask for?

*Micah POV*

Oh my god what am I doing. It was good when I was gone but now that I'm back I feel horrible. Thayer has no idea I didn't go to the college I told him about. He is going to hate me. I just really wanted to go to the arts college in Tennessee. It doesn't offer doctor stuff like he wants, and I knew that when I went there. But this college is really cool and I just...Ugh.

I have to tell him when he wakes up. Tell him everything. Thayer stirs in his sleepy awaking. He moves his head closer to mine and yawns. My neck hurts from sharing his small pillow, but I should be used to it because it's not a new thing.

"Morning sunshine..." I say as he slowly opens his eyes. They are still filled with sleep, and he smiles.

"Morning..." He answers. I have to tell him soon. It's eating me up. He moves closer to me, pulling my arm around his waist.

"I have things to tell you." I finally say, after laying there for about ten minutes as he drifts in and out of sleep.

"Can you while we get ready for school?" He asks, shifting to get out of bed. I forgot about school. I am not used to sleeping over on school nights.

"Why didn't your alarm clock go off?" I wondered.

"I turned it off earlier this week." Thayer said, getting new pants on. I looked at the clock on my phone. 8:30, just five minutes before the first bell rings.

"So, we're gunna be late..." I sighed. No point in rushing.

"What were you going to tell me?" He asked, this time he was picking out a shirt to put on.

"Uhm...just about the college..." I didn't want to tell him now, I felt so bad. "and just that it was really super awesome, and I loved it so much, there's so much nice opportunities there..." I trailed off thinking of all the art and editing classes there.

"So lots of nice classes for you I am guessing." He laughed at me and went into his bathroom, probably to brush his teeth. I got out of bed and went to his bottom drawer of his dresser. That's where my spare clothes are kept. I take out some sweats and a shirt. I barrow some of Thayer's socks.

"Wha 'bout ma?" He asks from the bathroom, obviously brushing his teeth, I can barely understand him. I think for a moment. I can't see his reaction so I just blurt of my response.

"No medical department at all." There I said it. Now just awaiting his scolding reaction. Or he might cry. One of the two. He came out of the bathroom with his toothbrush in his mouth, and foamy toothpaste around his lips. My sweats were halfway up before I saw the look on his face. Just confused. Thank god he wasn't upset. He went back into the bathroom and cleaned his mouth off and put his toothbrush away. I finished pulling up my pants.

"What do you mean, no medical department? I thought we knew they for sure had one." He caught me. I would have to explain now.

"I uhm....didn't go to uh.. the one you thought..." I mumbled. I wasn't looking at him at first, then I looked up. I wish I would have just stayed looking at the floor.