That's strange... (Delilah's P.O.V)

(Delilah's P.O.V)

For the past 2 weeks now, my body has been tingling and my gums feel like they are splitting and stretching in every position possible. I know for certain that I am not going through the change yet, my 18th birthday isn't for another year so it can not be that. I decide to go to the house library and see if the answer is there. On my way to the library, I meet Stefan who is also heading there. 'Steff', I thought, 'yeah Eli?' He thought as we silently walked to the library. 'Can you help me look for something in the library?' 'Sure, what is it?' He asked mentally. 'Well I'm not really sure yet... It is something to do with my recent changes...' I thought, slightly cringing. 'And what would those changes be sister?' I knew by that last word that Tobeo had joined the mental conversation. 'Erm, let me think, my teeth and jaw have been feeling like they have been stretched and split into different positions, and my whole body is tingling, as if my bones are growing at an amazing rate...' 'I know what that is...' Tobeo thought quietly to himself, as if thinking to himself. 'What is it?' Me and Stefan thought at the same time, startling us both and causing me to laugh out loud, no matter how much my jaw hurt. 'We must wait until we are in the library, it is the only soundproof room in this place, make sure you lock the doors' Tobeo stated thoughtfully to us.

Once in the library, I quickly locked the door and sent mom and dad a mental note telling them I need some time to read in peace. 'Okay, what's the big secret?' Stefan thought to Tobeo, who was unusually silent throughout all of this. 'Go to the third shelf on the left bookcase and look for the book "were-soul-shifters research"' Tobeo said, his voice so silent, we nearly didn't hear him. Me and Stefan simply made our way to the third shelf on the left bookcase and we soon found the book we were looking for. My hands were shaking as I realised what it was. I recognised this book from a book that my biological parents used to read a lot. 'Yes Lilah, it is the book our parents used to read to us when you were a pup.' A soothing voice spoke to me. 'Who is this?' I asked. 'Read and you will soon find out...' And all at once the voice was gone. "What the hell was that?!" Stefan whisper-yelled at me. "I don't know", I said as I sunk to the sofa. "Wait, did you hear everything Stefan?" I asked, slight worry in my voice, "yes", he stated, as if he were about to cry.

All of a sudden I heard whimpering and whining in my head and I instantly know it was Tobeo. 'Tobeo, what's wrong?' I thought gently, 'You are going to leave us, aren't you sister?' He whined to me, and then I saw him, curled in a ball by Stefan's feet. I gasped. "What is it?" Stefan asked. "Can you not see him Stefan? Tobeo?" "No", Stefan stated gruffly, "I can only hear his whining in my head" 'please don't leave us Delilah, I promise to be a good brother wolf, no matter what you are...' I heard in my head, as Tobeo whimpered out loud. 'What makes you think I would ever leave you Tobeo?' I thought, the shock evident in my voice. 'You will leave us as soon as you get information about yourself, I can feel it' he thought. 'Never, you are and have always been my family! I wouldn't just abandon you because I find out things about my biological parents!' I thought loudly, hoping to get the message through to them both, 'I'm not going anywhere...'

As I opened the book, I felt a sudden surge of power rush through me and awaken something inside. It felt like nothing I have ever felt before! My bones felt stronger and my body felt more flexible and indestructible... Like I was unstoppable. But at the same time I felt a rush of knowledge; not just any knowledge, but the knowledge of all animals. "The were-soul-shifter", I spoke the first page aloud. "Two thousand years ago, the originals were 'created' by a family with magical blood. The mother of this family created the were-wolves, the were-tigers, the were-lions and the were-foxes. She also created vampires with the ability to pro-create and walk in the sun with daylight rings. However, to balance out these creatures, the family had to create the were-soul-shifters and the hybrid vampires. No one has every had much records of the hybrid vampires, but every hundred years there is a female dopplegänger born to carry on the soul-shifter gene. This gene can only be carried through women as it was a women who was turned into a were-soul-shifter." I faintly remember hearing a sigh of some sorts in the background, but I was too interested in the book so I continued.

"The symptoms of the change into a soul-shifter are: going through an early change, your whole body erupting in tingles, as if the bones are growing and forming, and feeling like your gums are being stretched and split into different positions, but no elongation of teeth as of yet." I stopped there not wanting to hear anymore. 'Why didn't you tell me Tobeo?' I thought quietly through the link. 'WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!' I yelled through e link this time, getting more upset by the minute. 'I DIDN'T KNOW, ALRIGHT?! I didn't know...' He whispered at the end, and then began whimpering again. 'I'm sorry Tob...' I tried to answer, but he had already blocked his mind from me. "Stefan..." I sighed, "please tell Tobeo I'm really sorry for shouting at him, I just got wound up..." "Don't worry about it Eli, I get it." He said before unlocking the door and walking out the room. 'I can't believe it', I thought, 'I'm a were-soul-shifter...'