Pancakes and Teddybear

-Mitch's Point of View-

I woke up lying in a bed that was not my own, in a room full of things I'd only seen in aesthetic minimal pictures on tumblr. There was an arm across me, but I didn't know who's. A sudden fear washed over me. Who was this person? How did I end up here? I peaked under the covers and both of us were wearing pants. I sighed in relief, which caused him to move closer to me, wrapping me tighter in his large buff arms. The smell of bacon wafted through the large room that was full of natural light from the large windows that decorated the walls. I snuck a peek at the sleeping face of the large black man using me as a teddy bear before I slipped out of his arms to try to find the source of that smell.

I walked through the uniformly simplistic condo until I found the bathroom, and then the stairs down towards the smell of breakfast. Using my nose as a guide, I found the kitchen, where another man was cooking pancakes to go with the eggs, bacon, sausages, and fresh fruit already sitting on the counter in the middle of the large kitchen.

"Do you always cook for hookups?" I said finally, causing him to jump and press a hand to his chest.

"Well," he started after regaining his composure and moving the last pancake to a plate. "You both fell asleep before anything got started so technically you're not hookups, you're houseguests. Syrup?" He held up a bottle of syrup in one hand and the plate of pancakes in the other.

"You're strange." I grabbed one of the plates sitting on the table and started building what would be a pretty good breakfast.

"And I make great pancakes," he smiled as he sat the pancakes down in the center of the table. He turned around quickly and walked over to the sink with the pan in his hand. He started washing it while I crammed a fork full of eggs into my mouth. "I swear, you young guys have no finesse."

"I'm sorry," another voice boomed through the room, scaring both me and the pancake guy. "How old are you?" The teddy bear guy was leaning on the door frame he almost had to duck through. Seeing him awake made me really glad he didn't have a shirt on right now.

"I'm 26," Pancakes said folding his arms as if he'd already won.

"I'm older than you. Shut up." Teddybear spat with a smile on his face.

I gasped. "I'm the youngest? Two dads is too much for... No it's not." I sipped the glass of orange juice Pancakes had sat down next to his plate and smiled at both of them, causing Teddybear to close his eyes and rethink his life choices.