9

Emma practised the spells Fred and George had showed her over the course of the next few days whenever she had the time, which was saying something seeing as there was always loads of homework given almost every week. She had managed to get a good whip up of 'Expelliarmus,' as she so frequently disarmed those who were simply holding their wand.

Both Daphne and Sabrina kept their wands hidden from Emma when holding it since they were so used to their wands flying away whenever she was around. It was only expected that Emma disarm someone right away; it was the very first spell she was taught at her old school but she just hadn't done it in a while.

There were a list of hexes and jinxes down the page, but she felt it'd be better if someone experienced showed her them. Emma didn't want to make any mistake in hexing herself; she trusted herself to do something as silly as that.

At the very bottom, Fred and George wrote that they were hoping to learn how to conjure a patronus, and as extraordinary as it sounded, Emma also felt a little bit envious of the twins. She really wished Harry would trust her character rather than who she was friends with.

When sitting in the common room one morning whilst reading down the list of spells and wand movements, Daphne had huffed loud enough for Emma to glance her way, and she watched Daphne throw on her usual scarf and sit down on the opposite arm chair.

"Is something wrong?" Emma asked slowly, Daphne only stared blankly back at Emma.

"Hagrid's back," she said casually. "He was spotted back here on Sunday and we've got a lesson with him today."

"Hagrid?" Emma blinked. She had heard the name from somewhere and knew that she knew this name, but had forgotten who this was. "Hagrid..."

"You know," Daphne tightened her scarf around her neck, and Emma was reminded strongly of gift wrapping, "the original Care of Magical Creatures teacher...well...he calls himself a teacher, anyway."

"You lot don't seem to like this man very much," Emma noticed. It was evident as students who were pouring out of their dormitories had heard the news and were groaning or cursing quietly.

"We don't. He's dangerous. He showed the class to a Hippogriff two years ago and Draco got hurt. I swear to Merlin every year something is always with Draco. First year he thought he seen Potter with a dragon, second year he was obsessed with the chamber of secrets - don't ask,- third year he was attacked by a Hippogriff and punched in the face by Granger, fourth year he was turned into a sodding squirrel -"

"A ferret actually," came Draco's cold voice as he sobered through the portrait hole with a piece of toast in his hand.

"What are you doing back here?" Daphne asked him, eyeing him curiously.

"Getting my bag, obviously," Draco rolled his eyes. "I'd appreciate it very much if you didn't talk behind my back, Greengrass."

"She wasn't talking behind your back she was just...er..."

"Talking behind my back, yeah, I know," Draco nodded before jogging up to the boys dormitory. Emma and Daphne sat in silence, Daphne's face turning dark red - Emma didn't know what from. When Draco came back down, he said, "Prepare yourselves. We've got that giant oaf today first period. And, Freckles sweetheart..." Draco looked into Emma's eyes. "Please eat something."