Chapter 7: Pain and Struggles

Start from the beginning

I walk over to Japan, who's patiently waiting for me. "Arigatou, again, for the food, Itary-kun. It was delicious." He says with a smile.

"Ve~ Glad I could make it right~ I was so worried that I'd get someone's dish wrong!"

"Iie. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that it was perfect." There are nods around the room. I can't help but beam in pride. I don't usually cook breakfast for everyone like this, as it tends to waste supplies, but I felt the need to do so today.

Japan has me sit down on my bed again, as he looks at my ankle and wrist. "It appears that Canada-san's magic has done the trick." He says, "Your wrist and ankle are healed, as has most of the bruising."

"Ve~ So I can fight with my right wrist again?" I clarify, not wanting to get in trouble.

"Hai."

"Grazie~ Oh, I was wondering... Do you think we could go back down to the Tunnel? I think I saw something there when I was fighting the Thing, but I didn't have the chance to pick it up..."

"Hai. I'll go see if everyone's ready."

"Ja. I think I should remove whatever tripped me yesterday; we don't want anyone else falling down like that." Germany points out.

"Yay~ Thanks, you guys~" I say with a large grin. He simply nods his head and goes to check with everyone.

About an hour later shows all 10 of us heading down to the Basement again. Only Germany, Japan, Prussia, Russia, America and I enter the Tunnel, while the rest keep watch above. I pretend to search while Germany tells the others how it felt more like a hand than a vine. The entire time, I'm listening intently for Romano and Spain's footsteps. I made sure to make everyone wait long enough that the timing should be just about right...

Aha! Two sets of footsteps—one set happy, yet weighted down with worry, while the other set was flat out worried, frustrated, and annoyed—reach my ears.

~They're here, Feli. I'll lead them to you.~ Silver announces.

Ve~ Grazie, Silver! I reply, before bending down and picking up the Metal Piece I placed last night.

"Oh! Here's what I saw... A piece of metal." I say, showing it to the others.

"It doesn't look like much..." America says, a little disappointed.

"Ve~ It might be important, though. I'll keep it for now." I say, pocketing it. Before anyone could say anything—and I know Germany was about to suggest that he hold onto it for now—Romano and Spain finally reach the opening. I step into the patch of sunlight just as they reach it.

"OI! VENEZIANO! I finally found you! Do you have any fucking idea how worried I've been?!" Romano shouts, making me wince. Geez! Tone it down a little, will ya?! I think to myself.

"Wait, Romano?! Spain!? Dude, what're you guys doing here?!" America calls out, as the other 9 nations—those in the Tunnel Room heard the commotion and came to make sure we were all right—also step into the patch of light, so they could see as well.

"I've been having strange dreams for a few days now. Of you guys being chased around by some weird mutated scone or some shit like that."

"See, Iggy?! I told you it was yours!" America taunts.

"Bloody Hell, it's not mine!"

"I thought they were just dreams at first," He starts. "Imagine my shock when I'm attacked by the same damned Thing that's been chasing you bastards around! It fucking killed me with one swipe! It took me hours to wake up! I'm still healing, damnit! After that, I couldn't just leave my little brother here. You lot can stay for all I care, but Veneziano's coming with me." Romano finishes.