Chapter 7: Pain and Struggles

Italy's POV:

My golden eyes snap open in panic, as my body instinctively stills. I listen intently. America... Canada... France... Prussia... Germany... Russia... China... England... Japan. Wait, where're Romano and Spain!? I panic internally a bit, before realizing that they aren't here yet. I let out a sigh of relief. Good... Everyone's alive. That's good... I take note of the time. 6:30 AM... I got about 4 hours of sleep. That's actually pretty good. I know the others won't start waking up for at least two more hours. Even the normally early-risers are too exhausted to get up yet. Instead, I silently get out of bed, and head to the kitchen. I then pull out my iPod, and put in my earbuds. I listen to a few songs from Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, and Linkin Park as I make some breakfast for everyone.

I've gone deaf many times before, so I know how to be absolutely silent without having to listen, as such, I don't wake anyone up while cooking. In fact, as predicted, they don't wake up until about 8:30. By this point, I have a wide array of breakfast foods from everyone's home nation laid out on the table. I then remove the little handy spell that blocks smells from a specific area. It's always entertaining to watch everyone rise from their beds like zombies once the scent of their favorite breakfast hits their nose.

Within minutes of removing the spell, everyone starts stumbling their way, half-asleep, to the table. China is the first to realize that food shouldn't just appear out of thin air—some nations have already started eating without thinking about where it came from—and looks around, bleary-eyed, searching for someone who looks awake enough to prepare food. Eventually, his eyes land on me.

"Did you make this for us, Italy?" He asks, still too sleepy to add surprise to his tone.

"Si. I hope you all enjoy it~" I state, as the others stop.

"Wait! You made all this yourself?! Mon Cher! It must've taken hours!" France cries out.

"Hai... I do hope you got some sleep last night, Itary-kun. But thank you for the food. Itadakimasu..." Japan then starts eating, greatly enjoying his meal.

"You did sleep, right?" China presses, making sure I got some rest.

"Si. I had a nightmare that woke me up early, so I decided to make everyone breakfast while I was up, Viva~!" They seem to calm down a bit at that, and go back to enjoying their meals.

"Ah~ I did not know that you knew how to make Russian dishes, дa?" Russia says, pleasantly surprised.

"Oui~ You have the wonderful makings of a marvelous French chef~" France compliments. One by one, the nations all compliment me on my cooking, saying how it 'tastes like home' and whatnot. I just smile, glad that they're all enjoying their favorite dishes, or at least their favorite dishes that are doable in the Mansion. Unfortunately for me, pasta falls under the 'missing ingredients' list. So I settle with some cornetto and a cup of instant coffee. I can't remember what real coffee tastes like anymore. Shame. I hope I'll get some again, one day. If fratello saw me drinking instant, he'd have a conniption fit.

Once our breakfast is done, I gather all the dishes and bring them to the sink, fully intending to wash them myself along with the pots and other cooking supplies I used which has been sitting in hot soapy water while we enjoyed our meal.

"No you don't, aru. You cooked; we'll take care of the clean up. Japan will look over your ankle, wrist, and bruises for me." China says as he and France literally push me out of the kitchen before I can protest. Huh, I guess this is one of those times, then. The food must've been really good this time. Glad I could make it right again.