I opened up the medicine cabinet to take a tylenol for my headache. Then I threw on something comfortable yet still cute, grabbed my purse an keys, and headed out.

My stomach was growling pretty loud, so I decided to go through the McDonalds drive thru and order myself two sausage biscuits, a hash brown, and a breakfast burrito. I was pretty hungry since last night I threw up all the food in my stomach. While I was waiting in the long ass line, I called August.

PHONE CONVO

"Yeah baby?" He said into the phone.

I scrunched up my face. "Wow... Good morning to you too, August."

He chuckled. "Sorry... Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?"

I giggled. "Fine, thanks for asking. I wish you had done that before you scheduled me this doctors appointment."

"What? Ask?" He laughed. "Baby, you already know what would've happened if I had asked. You would've told me that you were fine and then talked me into believing it."

"Because I am fine." I said back, putting an emphasis on am.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure. Last night really caught me off guard and made me worry. You know how they say its better to catch all those serious illnesses early--"

"August, I don't have cancer or anything like that. It was just a little stomach bug." I said while moving up a spot in the line.

"Like I said, I want to be sure that it was just a stomach bug." He stated. "I just want to make sure you good, baby."

"But I'm telling you that I am."

"Well, that's not enough. I want you to go to the doctor, and you gone go to the doctor." He said with a little authority in his voice. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"But babe I--"

"I don't want to hear all that, Zo. Just go to the doctor. Just--Just let me get some kind of professional assurance that my girl gone be aight, okay?" He pleaded with me.

A small smile spread across my face. "I guesssss..."

"So, you gone go for me?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm going." I said as I pulled up to the first window.

"Thank ya' baby." He said to me, relief evident in his voice.

"Mmhm. I have to go baby." I said while pulling up to the window. "I love you."

"Love you too. Call me after your appointment and let me know how it went."

"I will."

END OF PHONE CONVO

I paid for my food and decided to eat my burrito on the way to the doctor. I nodded my head and sung along to Destiny Child's "Independent Women" while eating.

When I finally got there, I got myself together and went inside. I told the secretary my name and she told me the doctor would see me in a few. I took a seat in the waiting room and sat quietly. While waiting, I felt like someone was staring at me. I looked up to see a young girl, probably around fourteen, trying to discreetly look at me. I shrugged it off and just grabbed a magazine to read. A few seconds later, someone was standing in front of me. I looked up, and it was that fourteen year old girl.