Sense of Releif

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I woke up the next morning feeling much better. The only problem was that when I turned over, August wasn't lying beside me. I turned back over and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. I had one text from August. I unlocked it and quickly read it...

Aug💘💕 "I booked you an appointment with your doctor, since I knew you would shrug off what happened last night. The appointment is at 2, don't skip it😑 I have Ava today."

I sucked my teeth and groaned. Who told August to suddenly take up a job as my assistant/mom and go off making me doctors appointments? I mean, I get that he's concerned and I'm happy to have someone who cares so much... But really? Going behind my back and scheduling me an appointment wasn't necessary. Besides that, what if I have a photoshoot or business to handle! I need to call my real assistant...

I pulled out my phone and called Sophia, my new assistant. She keeps track of my schedule and well, all the other stuff an assistant is supposed to do.

PHONE CONVO

"Hello, Ms. Pullins?" Sophia answered.

"Ah, yes, Sophia. I need for you to check my schedule and see what I have down for two this afternoon? It seems my boy--"

"You have a doctors appointment at two, ma'am? You've forgotten so soon?" She asked in an innocent tone.

I sat up in bed. "Excuse me?"

"Did I say something wrong?" She panicked. "I'm so sor--"

"Oh, no. You haven't said anything wrong. As a matter of fact, you haven't said enough." I stated. "How did this schedule change happen without my authorization?"

"W-Well, Mr. Alsina. He called and h-he made the adjustments to your schedule to accommodate a last minute doctors appointment." She explained hastily. "He said that you were feeling under the weather and that you weren't in the mood to speak on the phone, which was why you had him making the schedule change. To my knowledge, you knew all about this adjustment."

"Mmhm, I see." I crossed my arms.

"I hope you're not angry with me, Ms. Pullins." She said softly. "I meant no harm... At first I didn't want to make the change unless I heard it come directly from you, but Mr. Alsina is your boyfriend and I thought it seemed pretty legit."

"It's fine Sophia. I understand and I'm not angry..." I assured her.

"Thank you so much. I won't let it happen again." She stated. "I promise."

"Alright, thank you."

END OF PHONE CONVO

Wow... August is a lot sneakier than I thought he was. I just can't believe he managed to get all this done without me finding out. It kind of made me wonder what other things he could be hiding from me.

I rolled out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I took a nice, long, hot shower and rubbed my body down with lotion. After that, I brushed my teeth and finished up my daily hygiene.