An Approved Denial

In an instant, you felt the cold sweat of night wake you up. Darkness filled your senses as you blinked uncontrollably, eyes darting around. Where were you? Adjusting to the dim light, you saw a familiar room and let out a relieved sigh. It was just your regular sleeping quarters. Maybe everything last night was a dream? That whole day was probably just a figment of your desperate imagination--like Mikazuki came back to life. It was all too good to be true

But there was an uncommon warmth in your hand. You tiredly turned your head to see blue locks sprawled over his face and make-shift arm pillow. Mikazuki was laying beside you, uncovered from the frigid night air, while you were cozy in your futon. His sleeping face was almost angelic as if he smiles in his sleep. Without second-guessing, you moved closer to him, covering his large body under the thick blanket.

It was a miracle you would ever see his face again, and to hear his voice again was a marvelous sensation.

"This feel familiar, doesn't it?" You softly whispered to yourself, watching his steady breathing. If only his embrace could give you the escape you needed, being close to his slow beating chest was enough for you to feel an old happiness.

You haven't slept so soundly in a long time.

~.~.~

Quiet knocking was heard from the paper doors. A sheepish Gokotai peeked inside the room to see if his master was awake to have breakfast with everyone. But to his surprise, you were still sound asleep.

And you had company.

A furious blush emitted from the innocent cheeks of Gokotai as he saw Mikazuki resting beside you, perched up with his elbow, watching your soundly sleeping face. It seems that the sunlight wasn't enough to wake you up as it so eagerly beamed through the paper walls. Two seconds later Mikazuki noticed the young sword and put a finger to his lips, indicating him to be quiet. He wore the most cheekiest of smiles. Gokotai mimicked his gesture and nodded with great urgency while backing away from the scene.

"Mhh..." The smallest of groans left your mouth as your eyes tightened and stubbornly locked themselves from reality. "Five...more minutes."

"Good morning, Aruji-dono." His voice whispered melodically.

"Good morning..." You mumbled, snuggling deeper into the warm futon as if trying to melt with the fabric. It was more comfortable to sleep in than usual as you huddled into the warmth beside you.

"It seems that breakfast is done, would you like to eat now or later?"

"Laaater." You groaned, eyes still unopened.

"Thats a shame, because there will be none left if you wait." Jiji lightly moved a piece of hair on your forehead aside.

"They...they can eat all they--" the harsh light of day suddenly attacked your opening pupils, "want." You were greeted with Mikazuki's smiling face. His body was warm under the futon as his head was held up with his hand. Blinking profusely, your heart was about to explode.

"Are you awake now?" His eyes were so gentle, he made flowers look barbaric.

WHAM. You instinctively punched his stomach and ejected from the bed. Airy laughter was heard from the blue haired male as his face was in agony, some blood dripping down his mouth.

"W-W-WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, PERVERT!?" You were beet red, feebly trying to backpedal farther away with flapping limbs.

"W-well, It appeared that you were sleeping." Jiji let out a cough of blood, "So in that case, I too slept."

Grabbing his ear like a child, you opened the shoji and threw him out. "You had your own room you know!" Mikazuki whimsically tumbled off the wooden deck and into the green grass. It felt like he was launched into the morning sky.

"I did?" He dumbly tilted his head, obviously playing-stupid. That damn smile. "Would you like some tea-"

You slammed the door shut before he could finish his offer. Steam was flying from your face as you angrily paced the room, pulling your hair different directions as if trying to find something missing. This was only day two. 

~.~.~

"Sayo-kun, Aizen-kun, eat your vegetables." An aproned Mitsutada placed more greens onto both tantous' plates while gaining a harsh glare. Mitsutada glared back, making Sayo look meek and Aizen puff his cheeks. Yamabushi looked like he was asking for something off of an annoyed Yamanbagiri's plate, and all the other swords were enjoying their breakfasts in their own little worlds. The table was as rowdy as it was messy.

"Ah...um, M-Mikazuki-san?" A sheepish voice interrupted Mikazuki's tea drinking. The ancient tachi carefully turned to the little sword's direction with a soft smile, trying not to scare him from his original state. "I'm s-sorry but..." Gokotai shyly looked down, fidgeting with his hat as Mikazuki waited patiently for an answer. "Aruji-dono has been...more l-lively with you---you around!" The tantou was careful to choose his words correctly, scared he might say something wrong.

"Ha ha ha, so I was told." Jiji kindly laughed and pet the cute sword in console. This wasn't the first time someone has mentioned you changing with him around, but he really couldn't see it. This was only his second day after all.

You watched quietly far away. Jiji was exchanging words with Gokotai as he drank his morning tea--. You cursed at yourself as you thought about that sword again, like he was a plague through your mind, infiltrating every corner of your consciousness. Maybe you'd just skip breakfast, that would be great way to avoid--

"Aruji-san!" Horikawa greeted you unintentionally louder than usual, "Come join us for breakfast!" In seconds, all eyes in the room were focused on you. Mikazuki watched you with gentle eyes as you caught his sights. Awkwardly fumbling, you greeted all the swords and side-shuffled to the master seat of the long table specifically reserved for the saniwa. Mitsutada magically appeared beside you with a plate already filled with the morning's meal. With a small bow, you thanked him and watched a sheepish blush invade his handsome cheeks as he grinned back. Everything felt easier with that dorky mother around, you really appreciated it.

The rowdy breakfast continued as you silently ate while watching the live weaponry.

"Hakata!" The small blonde sword looked up from his brothers to a fuming Mitsutada. With a dampened cloth the navy haired male wiped the boy's rice covered mouth, getting into each and every crevice. Hakata was wriggling under his strength, mumbling about how he was a man after the mother was done, readjusting his red glasses. You couldn't help but suppress a laugh.

A familiar laughter filled your ears.

As you were about to turn around, a hand holding out and empty tea cup was displayed in front of you.

"Would you like to have tea with me outside?"