Formality

I wake up on the examination table to the front bell to the door ringing. I sit up and look down to see a leather jacket draped across me. I pick it up and smell it to only find the faded scent of Derek. I look around to see Scott in the corner looking worried and Deaton is up front.

"I'm sorry but we're - we're closed." Deaton tells the man.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." The man says and I immediately recognize the voice as Peter's.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off."

"This one wondered in on its own."

"Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed."

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time - don't you?"

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours."

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it."

"Like I said - we're closed."

"Mountain ash. That's an old one."

"Let me be ask clear as possible. We. Are. Closed." I hear a chair hit the wall and shatter. I fully get up and stand in the entry way of the back room. Peter turns and looks at me with a glare.

"Watch it Peter." I whisper. He rolls his eyes as he turns to the door.

"There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott. More innocent. And far more vulnerable." Peter whispers at the door.

"Allison!" I hear Scott realize. Peter walks out of the door and I hear Scott run out the back door. I turn and run after him quickly catching up to him.

"Where to Scott?" I ask behind him as we jog.

"My house, tell Stiles to meet us there."

"Yup." I pull out my phone and I call Stiles who picks up on the 2nd ring.

"Hey Odessa, what's up?" Stiles asks me.

"Meet Scott and I at his house, it's urgent." I respond back.

"Ok, on my way. I'll be there in 10."  I hang up after this. Scott and I run into his house. We look around and notice his mom isn't here. Scott runs up to his room and I freeze when a familiar scent hits me. Peter was here. When? I know it wasn't that long ago but the scent is fading. Hopefully, he doesn't come back.

I snap out of it and I run up the stairs to meet up with Scott in his room.

*********

"Call it again." Scott tells Stiles who calls Scott's cellphone. He lost it and is currently digging through his entire room to find it. I'm sitting on Scott's bed completely uninterested in what's going on in front of me.

"It's not here. Ok, so you lost your phone. Why don't you get a new one?" Stiles asks.

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott responds with.

"I can get you a new one." I offer. Scott shakes his head, declining my offer.

"Well, "A", you're not alone. You have me, well Odessa too since she's Team Derek and wants to find him...that leads me to "B", didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." Stiles responds to Scott. Stiles looks at me and winces at the words that just came out of his mouth.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha - they're not gonna kill him."

"By the alpha you mean that bastard Peter. Also, Derek isn't dead. I just have a gut feeling that he isn't and I'm going with that gut feeling."