Chapter 03

{ spring 2015 } 

{ spring 2015

"I'm really sorry," he mutters as he tries to hold my hands. I couldn't even bear to look at him as I move away, not wanting to be touched by him. "Rory, you're the only girl for me. That's why we're dating. I like you and no one else. Mina is just my best friend, you know that." I let out a dry and bitter laugh before I turn to him, my eyes shone with hurt. "Babe," he extends his arm towards my face. most likely trying to stroke my cheek in a tender manner, but I shift away yet again.

"I already warned you," I state, trying to keep my voice steady and firm. "All I asked from you was this one thing, Kaleb and in the end, you made me a promise you couldn't even keep." Why is life so cruel towards me? Why is it that every guy I date always manages to hurt me in the end? Is there some kind of conspiracy formed against me that I don't know about?

The excruciating heartaches I've experienced are beginning to become more and more overwhelming and I don't know how much more I can endure.

"But Mina and I aren't doing anything wrong. It's not like I'm cheating on you. Why are you making this a big deal?" Kaleb sighs as he massages his temples. His words cut through me like a sharp blade and I swallow down hard. On one hand he's right but on the other hand, so am I.

Sometimes I hate being of the female gender because we're always described as over dramatic and sensitive. Girls are often accused of blowing things out of proportion and exaggerating situations when they aren't even that serious to begin with. But I know I'm not being overdramatic right now. I have every right to do this.

His thoughtless and careless actions justify my actions despite what he may believe. "I can't do this anymore." I declare, staring at the cemented ground beneath us. "Let's end it here." I really liked Kaleb and as silly as this might sound, I thought I could have loved him too. He is sweet and nice but those qualities are what also led us down this dark and doleful road.

"Rory," he whispers gently. No, I am going to fall for it. Not this time. I gave him his second chance already and it's his fault for not cherishing it. He ruined this relationship even though that might not have been his intention but the damage has already been done and there's nothing he can do about it.

He promised me he would be able to stop his so-called "habits" with Mina and I was stupid enough to trust in him. How could my short relationship with him even compare to the amount of time the two of them have known each other?

I know you guys might be thinking that I am just some jealous little brat who doesn't want to share her boyfriend with anyone else but to be honest, I'm not. I'm not that possessive and clingy. I am more annoyed if anything.

I am not annoyed with the fact that Kaleb and Mina are best friends because I am someone who believes that a girl and a boy could be good friends without romantic feelings getting involved. I understand that he has friends, both guys and girls alike just as I do. What irked me was how they acted around each other.