XVII. XO

It's been a month since Ultron has been back in Jacqueline's life. Nightmares came every night still, but the random moments of fiery pain throughout the day didn't as she began to find ways to make them stop happening all at once. And being around Ultron helped her a lot. She goes and visits him whenever she could. Vision bringing her to see him since she still couldn't use her powers.

She was there as of now, very early in the morning. It was a special day and Ultron wanted to see her saying he had a surprise. She waited for him to come out while admiring the little trinkets he had sitting on the work bench.

"Happy day of birth to you! Happy day of birth to you! Happy D.O.B. my little Shadow, happy day of birth to YOU!!!" Ultron sings, coming from around the corner.

Jacqueline turned away from the tiny inventions and at him with a bright smile. He held a lopsided, three towered red velvet cake. And it had green forested decorations at the top. He sets it down on the table.

"Forgive me if didn't come out right, I was baking with only one hand. That and I've never baked anything. Ever." Ultron said, making her laugh.

"I love it. Thanks Ultron, but you didn't have to."

"Of course I had too! It is for you after all."

Reaching out she took a piece off of the cake and popped it into her mouth. She savors the taste with a hmm. Ultron's lights glow brighter, happy that she did indeed enjoy it.

"How did you make and bake it? If you don't mind me asking." Jacqueline said once she finished.

"There were parts around that were useful. Vision provided me with ingredients." Ultron said.

Going for another piece she saw the timer the vision has set for her. Her time was almost up. Jacqueline sighed.

"Crap I have to go. Don't want to get tased, and put on my ass."

She went to reach for the cake but stops and thinks.

Could I take the cake with me? No, the others would grow suspicious from where I got it from. Hell they didn't even know I was gone.

In the end she knew she couldn't bring it with her. Such a waste of delicious cake!

"Aw man," Jacqueline pouts before flinging her arms around Ultron. "I'll see you soon!" Pulling away she dashes off the meet Vision who was waiting outside.

=•=•=•=

Arriving back to the base she found that walking along the halls many agents smiled in her direction, some even telling her hello and happy birthday--how the hell they found out, who knows this was SHIELD. It was a very weird but better change.

On her way past the small café they hade Jacqueline grabbed herself a mug of tea and takes a long sip.

"Hey birthday girl."

She turned around. Natasha and Clint were walking up behind her with a smirk and grin on their faces.

"Barton, Agent." Jacqueline said with a nod. The red headed assassin gives her a displeased look.

"Agent? Okay you can call Maria that, but I prefer Natasha or Nat."

"Alright." Natasha smiles while Clint face scrunches up, "What's up with your face?"

"Uh, what about me? Come on Jacqui you're still mad? All of that stuff happened a long time ago. It's in the past."

"Yes," Jacqueline bit her lip and tilts her head back while looking at the archer. " but since it is my birthday I guess I'll be nice...Clint."