VIII. The Source

"I made this for you." Ultron says, revealing a small cardboard box from behind his back.

It was the big day. The day where Jacqueline would help Ultron lift a whole city into the sky, then crash it down upon the earth. Leaving everyone but them extinct. A fresh new start for humans to evolve and become better.

The two stood together, next to the large crater in the middle of the building where the monstrous machine Ultron had created to help make the whole place fly up into the air.

Jacqueline didn't have her cloth that covered her face. It didn't matter if the Avengers or anyone saw who she was now with what was soon to come. She did feel more exhausted than she has before. Again she didn't get one lick of sleep. But other than the usual reason, it was also because she was slightly anxious about today.

Jacqueline stood on the tips of her converse, since Ultron held his hand up to high for her to see what was inside his palm. She brought his hand down to her level, staring at the little box that was in his palm.

"It's not a sparkly diamond necklace, but, I thought it should be something more. For you to have a piece of me. Always." Ultron said.

Grabbing it Jacqueline opened up the small box. Inside held a medium seized piece of metal. She pulls it out by its rope chain, letting it dangle in the air. It twinkles softly as light hits it.

It kinda looks like a star.

"It looks similar to the metal of your body." Jacqueline says, running her finger top down the piece.

"It is. The exact same Vibrainum from making this body. When shaping this stronger form of myself I happened to chip a small piece of it. It shaped itself, I didn't want to change it."

She puts the necklace over her head and then smiles while looking up at him.

"I am never taking it off."

"You better not. It is almost time."

Ultron was looking up towards the ceiling with a big smile.

"Well I'm ready to kick some butt. But what if we don't--"

"We will defeat them all. Together." Ultron cuts her off.

She nods her head. But what if they don't. Then what will happen then? What would become of them?

"Shadow," Ultron pauses and places a hand on her shoulder. "Jacqueline. I know that you and Pietro had spent time together and started to grow close--"

"Not that close. Can we really defeat them? They are called the Avengers for a reason, you know." Jacqueline said.

"Alone we are strong. But together we are a force to be reckoned with."

"An hour left to prepare everything."

"This is it! Meteor day! I'm gonna--" a long yawn escaped her lips.

Ultron watched carefully as her eyes became slightly droopy, and her body started to rock back and forth. She quickly snaps out of it and sends him a reassuring smile. That didn't ease him at all. Her eyes flickers green before her whole body goes tumbling forward.

"SHADOW!" Ultron yelled.

He catches her in time before trying to help her stand back up, but her head tilts back and so does her eyes. He then cradled her in his arms, shaking her every second to keep her eyes open. And any time her eyes looked into his she could see them bright with anger.