“What? No . . . She . . . what are you talking about?” I demanded.

I drained her, Damon. She’s dead . . . Yes, just like Emma . . .” His voice faded off as my mind started freaking out.

She’s dead? No Shannon is perfectly alive! That is not right! What the hell is going on?

“I don’t care about your ranting, Padrick. I am glad you settled your past grudge,” I hung up and slide my phone in my pocket.

What the hell! Shannon is alive . . . she is not a vampire! She is human! Something was seriously up . . . and I was going to find out what.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Shannon’s POV

“Scott!” I called down the hallway as I caught up to him, “Scott, please,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him to a halt.

“What, Shannon?” He snapped at me.

“What is wrong with you?” I growled at him.

“You,” He replied, “I can’t just plan my life around your mood swings.”

“Scott, they are not mood swings,” I sighed looking around embarrassed as people started to look on to us anticipating a fight. “What are you all looking at?” I snapped at our pears.

Scott sighed and rolled his eyes and then grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty classroom.

“If they’re not mood swigs than what . . .”

“I don’t feel safe in my own home,” I finally admitted.

“What? What do you mean?” He looked at me concerned but careful.

“I can’t explain,” I sighed, “It’s just a feeling I have.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before? Are you trying to pull something, Shannon? I will not take that,” He grumbled.

“Okay, Scott. I’m sorry I have been distant, but I am being serious. I may be paranoid right now, but I’m serious,” I sighed stepping up to him.

“You were just really freaking me out,” He sighed wrapping his arms around me.

“I didn’t mean to. I was just trying to hide it,” I sighed.

“You never have to hide anything from me,” Scott sighed.

I looked up at him and he smiled down at me.

“I know,” I smiled.

He leaned in and kissed me and I totally forgot we were in a high school classroom. It felt amazing. I hadn’t just relaxed and kissed Scott in what felt like forever. I loved Scott, and I didn’t care what Damon thought about me being too young to love. When you’re in love you just know.

I knew I was in love with Scott . . . It was that simple.

Our moment couldn’t last too long though. The bell rang noting the end of the day I sighed and stepped away from the kiss.

“Let me walk you to your car?” Scott offered not releasing me.

“Of course,” I smiled up at him.

He kept one arm around my waist and led me out of the classroom. We walked to my locker and I dropped off my books making sure I had no homework. I closed my locker and turned back to him.