Mr. Vincent

Disclaimer!: I do not own anything other than the story plot. This story will also contain mature contents through out it.

"Okay class, settle down. Today we are going to be learning about the miracle of life."

The whole class let out a groan as one student spoke up. "Do we really gotta watch that movie teach? It's nasty."

I leaned myself against the front of my desk and crossed my arms while looking back at the student that spoke. "How are you doing in English Lucas? Please refer to me as Mr. Vincent. This movie is the easy way out, the class may either watch the movie and take notes to turn into me at the end of class. If you so wish to not watch the movie, we could go in our text books and look up all the information and write a short essay on it."

The class sang in unison. "Movie!"

I could not keep the chuckle within as my class finally agreed on something. "Movie it shall be. If any of my students have a question, please feel free to raise your hand during the movie, or wait till after the movie to ask questions. Remember, knowledge is beautiful."

I started the movie and took my norm spot behind my desk to look over and grade papers from the class before. This was my fourth year being a biology teacher at Peach Creek High School. My old stomping grounds as one may say. Even though high school changed a lot in my life, new friendships were made, old friendships grew thin, and I did spend a lot of my time studying through high school.

I became a teacher for high schoolers because that's when I expanded my mind even more, and started learning who I was. I wanted to be that helping hand to guide these young minds through knowledge and finding their true selves. I seem to have forgotten how much high schoolers truly do not care to learn in today's age. Each year of new students seems to have a smaller and smaller light within themselves for learning. Of course, I certainly would always have that one handful of students that reminded me why I became a teacher. But oh, how I do wish there was more than just that handful.

"Did Susan really think she could just write one word notes and that be counted as acceptable?" I thought to myself as I let out a sigh.

I leaned back in my chair and rubs the bridge of my nose between my fingers, letting out another good sigh. I love being a teacher, do not get me wrong, but there are just some situations that makes me wish to teach college students. At least there are more college students that are there to actually learn and further their education.

I heard two or my normal talkative students whispering to each other.

"Did you have PE yet today?"

"No, I have that next? Why?"

"The new gym coach they hired is hot as hell."

"No way, really?"

"Yeah! He looks like he's in his 20s too. Not that much of an age difference if you know what I mean."

"I left my cute shorts at home today, damnit. What does he look like?"

"He's buff and has red hair and green eyes. And his smile is to die for. I swear he was flirting with me."

I cleared my throat, hoping that would be a well enough hint to my students to stop talking. Alas, as always, they did not notice my hint.

"I bet he has abs too."

"What's his name?"

"Coach Barr."

Now that sounded familiar. It rang an annoying little ball of a childhood bully I use to have. I doubt it would be him.

I stood up from my desk. "Excuse my ladies, I hope I am not interrupting this important discussion about the new coach you admire so much. But shall the two of you do the assignment? Thank you."

I watched one of the girls roll their eyes as I sat back down; something that I have become accustomed to. Heaven only knows how many eye rolls, grunts, sighs, and curses I receive in a school year.  If I become gray in my early years, I will not hesitate to put blame on these students.

As the students watched the movie and took their notes, after asking for a few more to please stop talking. I noticed I became distracted while grading the papers in front of me; something that rarely happens. My mind kept falling back on my childhood bulky I use to have. Once we became freshmen in high school, we were all just small fish in a big, new, sea; thus, the bullying from Mr. Kevin Barr had stopped. Does not mean that I did not get bullied by other students, no, with being the nerd of the school, and coming to terms publicly with being homosexual in the tenth grade, I received my fair share of being bullied. Possibly some could have been from Kevin, but I have to say I did not remember.

When the movie ended and the students turned in their papers, I decided instead of eating my packed lunch in class like I do every day, I would adventure to the cafeteria to retrieve my food. Which it so happens that the cafeteria was right next to the gym. I fixed my tie and made my way down to the cafeteria, I gave a smile and a nod to the familiar faces of students that made eye contact with me. It is an exciting thing to know you are molding the new young minds of America. Though I shall admit, it is troubling to know that the new young minds of America care more about appearance and popularity instead of knowledge and making a change.

As I started walking by the gym towards the cafeteria, red hair caught my attention. This new, strong looking man was standing outside the gym doors, smiling wide and welcoming the students as they walked by. His green eyes caught my blues, and I felt my heart skip a beat as he gave me a smile. It was Kevin Barr that was standing before me. And my heart decided to remind me, that I use to have the biggest crush on him in Jr high and high school.

Curses.